Lip Primer

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
Xarata

Re: Lip Primer

Post by Xarata » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:28 pm

You can get that super-opaque look with OCC clear liptar (which is basically peppermint flavored castor oil- i've made my own out of castor and hemp oils before) and some pigments- white foundation base for opacity and lightening effect, and then any lipsafe color you want. it blocks out your natural lipcolor like a lipstick. i mix it with my foundation when i want truly nude lips
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
aud

Post by aud » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:59 am

Lemon wrote:I'm tempted to get a Japanese brand lip concealer (Candy Doll, Canmake, or Makemania), but I don't think I want to deal with comparison shopping, ebay sellers, extra handling charges and international shipping. Overall, I think I would have to pay at least $20 for a small lipgloss tube of a Japanese drugstore brand - I'm a total cheapo. I'll get as last resort. I don't know if any brand in the US offers this kind of product (besides MAC).
Lemon - I'd be happy to help you get those Japanese brand lip concealers if you like. No need to pay any handling charge, just the cost of the items + airmail to wherever you are + the Paypal fees. I'm in Singapore btw. US$20 is ridiculous, I agree! There's a neighbourhood mall 10 minutes' walk away and they have brands like Heavy Rotation, Canmake, Majolica Majorca at the drugstores. The prices might not be as cheap as they are in Japan (since they're imported over to Singapore) but I doubt it'll be as pricey as on Ebay with overpriced shipping!
Current SN foundation mix: 4 Buttery Gold: 2 Yellow Boosters: 21 Medium Ivory: 8 Original Ivory: 3 Glow
Favourite SN lippies (currently): Darling, Barcelona (Gumball), Menage
Favourite SN blushers: Carnal, Satisfied
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:13 pm

Xarata wrote:You can get that super-opaque look with OCC clear liptar (which is basically peppermint flavored castor oil- i've made my own out of castor and hemp oils before) and some pigments- white foundation base for opacity and lightening effect, and then any lipsafe color you want. it blocks out your natural lipcolor like a lipstick. i mix it with my foundation when i want truly nude lips
Would you mind listing the mix here? I'm interested in the clear lip tar, but I like the thrill of homemade goodies :)
Lemon

Post by Lemon » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:35 pm

aud wrote:
Lemon - I'd be happy to help you get those Japanese brand lip concealers if you like. No need to pay any handling charge, just the cost of the items + airmail to wherever you are + the Paypal fees. I'm in Singapore btw. US$20 is ridiculous, I agree! There's a neighbourhood mall 10 minutes' walk away and they have brands like Heavy Rotation, Canmake, Majolica Majorca at the drugstores. The prices might not be as cheap as they are in Japan (since they're imported over to Singapore) but I doubt it'll be as pricey as on Ebay with overpriced shipping!
Thank you so much for the offer. In the end I ended up spending a few hours looking for different online vendors and doing price comparisons. I ordered the Canmake Lip concealers. I like that they're moisturizing creamy formula in a stick. There's a few vendors in the US so overall cost is less than $20 each, and of course I couldn't resist and bought extra Japanese lip care products from ebay because of cute packaging..heheh. You're so lucky to have these products nearby. I would be visiting my drugstore everyday for new updates if they carried such items. Well if there is a certain product I can't find in the future, I'll probably seek your help, aud, if you don't mind. Thanks again for your kindness.

Thanks to Xarata for her tip...the OCC lip tar looks interesting, but formula looks runny for me and settles in lines from photos I've seen (and I don't have very smooth lips). I'm also lazy to do all that mixing. Heheh. But I think my sis will love.

If the Canmake lip concealers work, then I can finally start looking into getting more Silk Natural lip products and the color will show true to form.
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:33 am

egerandi wrote:
Xarata wrote:You can get that super-opaque look with OCC clear liptar (which is basically peppermint flavored castor oil- i've made my own out of castor and hemp oils before) and some pigments- white foundation base for opacity and lightening effect, and then any lipsafe color you want. it blocks out your natural lipcolor like a lipstick. i mix it with my foundation when i want truly nude lips
Would you mind listing the mix here? I'm interested in the clear lip tar, but I like the thrill of homemade goodies :)
Honestly i just kinda played. I think i did a tablespoon of castor oil, a teaspoon of liquid vitamin e, a quarter teaspoon of hemp oil, and a few drops of peppermint oil for flavoring- i stuck it in a magic bullet and poured.
Samantha

Xarata

Post by Xarata » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:42 am

Lemon wrote:

Thanks to Xarata for her tip...the OCC lip tar looks interesting, but formula looks runny for me and settles in lines from photos I've seen (and I don't have very smooth lips). I'm also lazy to do all that mixing. Heheh. But I think my sis will love.
It's actually rather thick/sticky (think syrup), but i also recommend mainly the clear one. The colored ones are fun and super-intense, but at the price they're not worth it imo. I did have a problem with the one i bought (vintage) needing to be exactly perfect to look right. i didn't have that problem with the clear one and minerals.

XXX does lighten a lippie so I'm not sure what else you could try...
OCC by SN.png
OCC by SN.png (305.84 KiB) Viewed 2375 times
Samantha

egerandi

Post by egerandi » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:30 am

Xarata wrote: Honestly i just kinda played. I think i did a tablespoon of castor oil, a teaspoon of liquid vitamin e, a quarter teaspoon of hemp oil, and a few drops of peppermint oil for flavoring- i stuck it in a magic bullet and poured.
Thanks, that gives me a starting idea :)