FOTD's- Share your pics!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
packgal

Re: FOTD's- Share your pics!

Post by packgal » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:23 pm

egerandi wrote:That's how Seedy looks like on you? Nice! It's much more dark berry-like on my lips, but yeah yeah, we all know how different lippies are on different lips. I remember how amazingly other pinks looked on you too.

And I could have never guessed Cider, that's really strange... Have you tried layering some extra, dunno, zink or maybe the purple corrector under, so it won't interact with your skin and turn the same color? It looks pretty though :)
I think seedy ended up a little lighter and pinker in this pic than IRL due to the flash--it does darken my lips a bit but not too much and is more berry than pink. but on my monitor it is pretty close to what it looks like on me. on my phone the color appears very pink in the pic :)

yeah, i have no idea about the cider. i don't use a clean blush brush everyday, so maybe one of my pinker blushes was left on the brush and i didn't get much cider on it at all...but i swear i saw brown powder on the brush before i put it on...ah well! i used to use lavender corrector but haven't in awhile, maybe i will try it again. cider has looked more brown on me in the past :D i'll have to try it again with a totally clean brush.
MyLavenderHeart

Post by MyLavenderHeart » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:42 pm

ChristineLynnP wrote:Nothing quite like a camera flash to make me realize I need to darken my foundation a bit, but here's my FOTD.

My hair's still wet, I was fresh from the shower even still wearing my comfy VS robe, when the motivation finally hit me to actually get dressed and look good for Eric when he gets home today. I'm on vacation this week which means I'm really lazy. I wore pajames all day yesterday and didn't bother with mu at all.

Foundation is SN.

Eyes- all another brand.

Blush- SN Flirt.

Lips- SN Nectar. Not sure why I bothered, something in all colored glosses (might be the castor oil?) breaks me out badly. I just feel all sloppy with bare lips in FOTDs. And Nectar is just really pretty, regardless.
Looking good Christine! Your skin looks flawless, what kind ov coverage are you using?

Oh, and I LOVE your curls, So springy and pretty! :)
Cheece

Post by Cheece » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:43 am

Everyone looks so awesome!! I love seeing the looks people put together, it really helps me with my colour selection. I'm feeling brave enough today to post my FOTD from yesterday - this was for going out for Japanese for dinner with my sweetheart & friends. (Dinner was amazing! And we did photo booth photos later on, which I'd never done before, I love having goofy sticker pics of all of us)

Face: SN Medium Coverage (+Olive), applied dry and then blended with a damp brush (brush dampened with Strawberry Spritz - that stuff is serious magic in a bottle).

Eyes: SN Eye Primer
Envoy inner corner and lower lash line (inner 1/3) and as highlight
Teachers Pet outer 2/3 of lid & up above crease
Dark Arts outer v and lightly blended in the crease, outer 2/3 of lower lash line

Some Estee Lauder mascara.

Lips: SN Ginny

I also don't know what's going on with my lashes here, they must be bent...I swear I'm not missing them on the outer part of my eyelid, lol.

superwahz

Post by superwahz » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:54 pm

Christine--Wow does that color really bring out the blues in your eyes!! It's nice to see more than just your eyes, you are beautiful! I wonder if its the oils in most lippies that causes your lips to react? If you find a clear gloss or balm that doesn't cause that problem, you could try tinting it with one of the lip safe blushes! Satisfied and Tart both make really pretty lippies...

Packgirl--Fresh and lovely, as always! You balance those bold frames so incredibly well, they look absolutely striking on your face! I think the cheek color is your own skin/flush showing through because of the flash, if you notice the same tone is across your forehead. Either way, it's a very pretty effect!

Cheece--So nice to see what you look like! You have the most amazing looking skin... Love the combination of colors you used, they look perfect on you! Brings out the greens in your eyes. I have that happen with my eyelashes sometimes, it happens when I apply mascara from the outside in towards my nose, I have to go back and nudge my lashes back into their proper place!
Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic. ~Rosalind Russell
ladycattat

Post by ladycattat » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:44 pm

Hi...got my order yesterday so I thought I'd play with my new colors a little this morning. I used the camera on my phone, so the colors don't show really well, but at least you get the idea. I am also sorry for the huge pic.....one of these days I will figure out how to shrink them down,
Colors I used:
face: Sheer Zinc powder
My foundie Mix
Eyes: SN e/s base
Bristol-lashline to brow
Tricky-lashline to crease
liner-off brand olive green pencil
mascara-maybelline Lash Stiletto Volumpulous
blush-Cider
Lips- Autumn Ember-(love, love, LOVE!)
sn tweeds.jpg
sn tweeds.jpg (123.36 KiB) Viewed 2611 times
Edited to say: When pic was taken I had been wearing lippie for over 3 hours. It is not a glossy lippie; it's much more matte, but I could have used a another coat for the picture.
Summer,2012
90 Medium
5 BG
5.5 yellow

HG: Sheer Zinc Powder
and Equalizer
E/S..Spellbound, Adorn, and Juiced,
Lips: Roxie,Kinetic, Fascinate, Glacier, Nice Tan

There cannot be a crisis until next week. My schedule is already full.
Henry Kissinger
buscardelalma

Post by buscardelalma » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:56 pm

OOOOoo Autumn Ember looks sooo pretty on you-I think I need it!!
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:27 am

how strange- autumn ember is like WAY metallic on me
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
ChristineLynnP

Post by ChristineLynnP » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:36 am

superwahz wrote:Christine--Wow does that color really bring out the blues in your eyes!! It's nice to see more than just your eyes, you are beautiful! I wonder if its the oils in most lippies that causes your lips to react? If you find a clear gloss or balm that doesn't cause that problem, you could try tinting it with one of the lip safe blushes! Satisfied and Tart both make really pretty lippies...
Aww thanks! I didn't notice this post until just now or I would've thanked you earlier.

It's probably some kind of oil, or maybe even a type of wax, I'm not really sure. I've found one clear balm ever that doesn't break me out, it contains Beeswax, Cocoa Butter, Sweet Almond Butter, Kokum Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Apricot Kernel Oil, Avocado Oil, Vitamin E & Essential Oil Blend (Balsam of Peru & Bergamot), so apparently I'm not reactive to any of those ingredients. Someone suggested it may be the castor oil that's found in most colors glosses, that guess is as good as any I have. It's so bad that Eric even converted over to using the type of clear balm I can, because when he wore Blistex or his Avon balms, I'd break out after kissing him. If a lip product won't work for me, I literally break out within a few hours of trying it.
Check us out on etsy: www.titanweave.etsy.com
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:39 pm

Great looks you guys! You make me want more lip gloss....
ChristineLynnP

Post by ChristineLynnP » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:48 pm

Foundation and eyes are SN.

Bristol- highlight
Berwick- crease
Bailey- lids

Eyeshadow primer, blush, and lips are a friend's brand.
Check us out on etsy: www.titanweave.etsy.com