Holiday Release #1

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Die Marchen

Re: Holiday Release #1

Post by Die Marchen » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:10 pm

Ghost wrote:
thank you Karen are fairy makeup godmother (or my fav knack dealer, either way you slice it :twisted: )
Omg))) I think that Karen should be officially entitled our fairy makeup godmother))))))

+1000 Ghost!!! :-) I love it!
Current ratio, Sept. 13: 1 Ebony : 1 Buttery Gold : 15 All Purpose : 5 Ivory : 2 Yellow : 1 Liberty : 1 Beach Bunny
The mix is pale and does't look yellow
trixiejim

Post by trixiejim » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:27 pm

JenW wrote:trixiejim....the All Purpose Foundation base first came out as a gumball a month or so ago. It was formulated for drier skin as some had issue not being able to handle the silica in the other formulas. I love the All Purpose foundation for the winter months, as that is the time of year my skin does not like silica much.
Thanks for the explanation, Jen. I don't have dry skin, so I don't think this would apply to me, however, someone earlier called it "wet/dry" foundation. Do you know what they meant by that? Can this formula be used wet as well as dry? If so, how does using it "wet" work?

Kim :-)
trixiejim

Post by trixiejim » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:30 pm

Ladybug914 wrote:
JenW wrote:trixiejim....the All Purpose Foundation base first came out as a gumball a month or so ago. It was formulated for drier skin as some had issue not being able to handle the silica in the other formulas. I love the All Purpose foundation for the winter months, as that is the time of year my skin does not like silica much.
I just wanted to add that I love it, too, and I have oilier skin. It use it dry and love how it feels on, and I think it looks great!

Thank you for your input Ladybug! Now I might have to try it, LOL. Any excuse to get something new from SN :-)
~Kim
extemter

questions for Karen

Post by extemter » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:43 am

trixiejim: Yes, the All Purpose Foundation can be applied wet as well as dry. (I have to keep reminding myself that All Purpose Foundation is the website name for the Wet/Dry Foundation.) See application tips in this thread as well as reviews in this thread.

Questions for Karen:

Are the Citrus Spice Body Butter and Spicy Citrus Organic Lip Balm scented with the same essential oils blend?

Is the Peppermint Foot Scrub the same formulation as last year?

Will the Argan & Goji Berry Moisturizer be added to the skincare recommendations chart? From its description, I can't pinpoint for what type of skin it was formulated.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions!
trixiejim

Post by trixiejim » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:07 am

New postby extemter on Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:43 am
trixiejim: Yes, the All Purpose Foundation can be applied wet as well as dry. (I have to keep reminding myself that All Purpose Foundation is the website name for the Wet/Dry Foundation.) See application tips in this thread as well as reviews in this thread.

Thank you, extemter, for your help and direction regarding the Wet/Dry Foundation aka All Purpose Foundation :P
I appreciate it!

Kim
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:55 am

Are all of the holiday release items at a lower price or is it just the hair product? I am just trying to decide if I want to place an order. Thanks.
JannyGirl

Post by JannyGirl » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:38 pm

Does the conditioner hair cleanser require a vinegar rinse? TIA! :)
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:52 pm

JannyGirl wrote:Does the conditioner hair cleanser require a vinegar rinse? TIA! :)
I don't know the official word, but I didn't need one. I cleansed with a tablespoon amount, then rinsed and added another teaspoon, kept on for a minute and rinsed, and hair was clean and nice :)
feyith

Post by feyith » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:08 pm

I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. It smells nice and is super easy to use. I feel like my hair's a little greasier than usual the next day though.
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:24 pm

feyith wrote:I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. It smells nice and is super easy to use. I feel like my hair's a little greasier than usual the next day though.
Mine is a little more flat than usual, but my understanding is that your hair needs to get used to not being stripped? I still prefer the first day being perfect though, because I'm tired of spending so much time on washing, conditioning and drying, just so I can make a ponytail yet again.
Also, I have dry shampoo sprays I like (used Ojon, now trying Tresseme) and they did a good job whipping it back into shape the second day.