Hmmm...Fall. What would you like??

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Pomi

Re: Hmmm...Fall. What would you like??

Post by Pomi » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:25 am

Toner concentrates! I know I'm always the only one asking for these but they were so practical, I just loved them... Any scent would do :D
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:14 pm

One more think I just thought of last night (because getting home late and a bit 'sauced' doesn't always allow for proper cleansing routine, ahem): pre-moistened face towels with cleanser and toner built in. Something, that I don't have to wash off, and if they are texturized, even better. 8-)
ErinL

Post by ErinL » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:43 pm

I second the pre-moistened facial wipes/toner wipes!
And I second the toner concentrate!

They both sound so great! :lol:
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:02 pm

Oooh, one more!

Poppy King lipstick: http://www.jcrew.com/womens_feature/New ... =TBLR00043
here is all kind of women wearing it, the kind of universally flattering red:
http://jcrew.tumblr.com/post/8084223932 ... for-j-crew

I would imagine Truly with red in it, looking like a real poppy :)
ChristineLynnP

Post by ChristineLynnP » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:10 pm

egerandi wrote:One more think I just thought of last night (because getting home late and a bit 'sauced' doesn't always allow for proper cleansing routine, ahem): pre-moistened face towels with cleanser and toner built in. Something, that I don't have to wash off, and if they are texturized, even better. 8-)
I agree with this, except for the texture... texturized cloths are too rough for me to use. But that "other place" sold some great ones for a while, they were really soft and made of natural ingredients and even if they didn't quite remove all my makeup (I had to use several to get it all off if I didn't pre-wash beforehand), they were really gentle and effective to use first thing in the morning to save time and skip a whole cleansing routine. The problem is, I've never found another natural one that doesn't either leave my face feeling grimy or make me break out.
Check us out on etsy: www.titanweave.etsy.com
kinjali22

Post by kinjali22 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:40 pm

Karen, would you be able to dupe Tarte 24/7 Lip Sheer in Champagne Brunch?

http://tartecosmetics.com/tarte-item-24-7-lip-sheer

Even though it looks dark in the tube, it applies sheerly with just enough coverage. And even though it's described as a nude....it doesn't make me look like a zombie. I think it has some mauve or red pigments mixed in.
feyith

Post by feyith » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:09 pm

More morphing colors!

Breathe is still the coolest thing I have ever seen.
Maeva

Post by Maeva » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:14 pm

I hope I am not joining this thread too late, but I would love more matte creme lipsticks (or ALG formula) that cover well. Nudes, reds, brights - I love them all, but they have to cover well with a thin coat - especially bright "statement" shades like Crazy Love or Azalea, which are currently too sheer for me.
I can always blot down, add shimmer, add shine, etc.
Nice Tan ALG is a favorite of mine, but I would like even more coverage. Or else lip liners/primers that cover the lip and enhance the lip color?

And yes, more sueded eye shadows.
I just ordered your "preview" shadows. More silica in the formula sounds like a great idea - I can barely wait to try them!
I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little...you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny. – Coco Chanel
kookith

Post by kookith » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:01 am

Hi Karen,

I'm a bit late to the party, and my requests are quite 'out there'!

I would love to see a shampoo or conditioner than addresses hair fall / balding. Preferably a shampoo, because I'm so used to lather.

I would also love to see you launch a collection of soaps. I read on Phyrra's blog that you had originally started out making soaps. I currently use Chagrin Valley soaps, but those are quite pricey :/

That is all! Should be quite easy :P :P LOL!!
Who says a chick can't love make up and World of Warcraft at the same time? :D

http://kookith.wordpress.com/
http://megsmakeup.com/aff/11035/4
jandi

Post by jandi » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:30 pm

Now that weather is cooling down and getting dryer, I would love some tinted moisturizer. I have tried mixing my foundation with my regular moisturizer, but for some reason does not really seem to work for me, I get very little coverage even if I mix as much or more powder than I use when dry. I gave the Lush color supplements a try, and while I loved the idea (a creamy colored base with the right undertones to mix with your moisturizer of choice), the formulation was just too heavy for my taste - I seem to recall shea butter and soybean oil in the ingredients.