Fall 2011 is live!!!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Cupcake

Re: Fall 2011 is live!!!

Post by Cupcake » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:42 am

packgal wrote:i am pretty much crying my eyes out that i absolutely cannot add to my already massive eyeshadow collection. everything looks so amazing. at least i can gawk at the colors online. i have to use up some lippies fast so i can order some of the new ones...
Ah I feel that, been in the same boat floating adrift since the Naked Palette came out. Best I could do was leave finger prints on the monitor adoring *my precioussssss* :lol: ;) These are so well worth waiting for. After I ordered yesterday, I got my tiny package with the sneak preview eyelights and oh good grief, these are a dream come true for *ahem* maturing eyes. Who know there would be a way to make a shimmer complimentary to crinkles?! Honestly, every mineraholic over 35 will be bothering their creaky bones doing the happy dance when these land on their door mats!
jien

Post by jien » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:40 am

woah! bad for my wallet!

would the new cream blushes have samples?
feyith

Post by feyith » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:34 pm

Cupcake wrote:
packgal wrote:i am pretty much crying my eyes out that i absolutely cannot add to my already massive eyeshadow collection. everything looks so amazing. at least i can gawk at the colors online. i have to use up some lippies fast so i can order some of the new ones...
Ah I feel that, been in the same boat floating adrift since the Naked Palette came out. Best I could do was leave finger prints on the monitor adoring *my precioussssss* :lol: ;)
Yeah, my wish list is huge. Anyone else look through all the pretties feeling like, "OMG! Did she make this one and that one JUST FOR ME?!?" I seriously want to try EVERYTHING but I'm being good and moving things into my cart ~$30 per paycheck at a time. Can't wait to see some FOTD from you ladies who ordered!
JenW

Post by JenW » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:23 am

jien wrote:
would the new cream blushes have samples?
Not at this point.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
packgal

Post by packgal » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:37 pm

Cupcake wrote:
Ah I feel that, been in the same boat floating adrift since the Naked Palette came out. Best I could do was leave finger prints on the monitor adoring *my precioussssss* :lol: ;) These are so well worth waiting for. After I ordered yesterday, I got my tiny package with the sneak preview eyelights and oh good grief, these are a dream come true for *ahem* maturing eyes. Who know there would be a way to make a shimmer complimentary to crinkles?! Honestly, every mineraholic over 35 will be bothering their creaky bones doing the happy dance when these land on their door mats!
thanks for feeling my pain :) i am definitely going to keep this collection in mind when i am looking for shadows with these particular characteristics. the vast majority of eye shadows that i have definitely have lots of sparkle and shimmer factor, so when i need something a little less "in your face"...i know where to go!
jennifae

Post by jennifae » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:32 pm

feyith wrote:Yeah, my wish list is huge. Anyone else look through all the pretties feeling like, "OMG! Did she make this one and that one JUST FOR ME?!?" I seriously want to try EVERYTHING but I'm being good and moving things into my cart ~$30 per paycheck at a time. Can't wait to see some FOTD from you ladies who ordered!
Same here! HUGE wishlist! Drooling over the new e/s... especially the greens and teals! Already have way too many lippies, but I can't stop looking at Beguile and Engage. Everything looks so good! Damn, I may have to work some overtime! LOL
Beauty Blog: http://www.jennifae.com/
Facebook: http://on.fb.me/jennifae
Twitter: http://twitter.com/jennifae
feyith

Post by feyith » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:56 pm

Sigh. I couldn't resist. Even though we're moving in a week and a half and don't need any more STUFF. Custom, Amuse and the Pink Booster and Illuminating Powder were all like, "Hey! Emma, you *NEED* these!!!" And then of course I "needed" some more cleansing conditioner and lip glosses to get Adorn as my free eyeshadow. I'm gonna go back to covering my eyes now.
frckls

Post by frckls » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:51 pm

I weep in joy. My bank account weeps in pain.

I am so afraid to get near my laptop at this point. *sigh*
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:56 pm

Happy Birthday Cupcake!

I sort of know what you're going through, and worried about releasing such a big collection. It's a paycheck buster, but I wanted to give the collectors a few packages to look forward to instead of just getting one big score. They're not LE so you can come back when your budget says it's OK :)
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
18Angel

Post by 18Angel » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:16 pm

Oh Karen! I have no idea how every collection keeps getting better and better. Everything is just beautimous! I can't help but stare at my swatched hand. I usually don't post swatch pictures, but for once I wish I could. I have no idea what on earth DH did with the camera. :?

The new eyelights are gorgeous. I happened to order a couple of older shadows (Jellybean, Sorbet, & Tailfeather) to so I can kind of compare the finish. The eyelights are defintily glowier (if that is even a word) and the shimmer is really fine. They do truly look like like they glow. There is no chunky glitter in sight. I would say that these can definitely be worn by all ages and if for some reason you felt the need to tone it down just pair with a matte.

eta: I just swatched Blanket Fort too and the finish one the eyelights is quite similar at least to my eye. If you love Blanket Fort more than likely you will love these too!