Rave for ALGs

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
4wheel

Re: Rave for ALGs

Post by 4wheel » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:17 pm

They are my HG lippie from all the lip items of SN. Well they have to paired with a lip Stain 1st. :D :D

Wow so sorry that some of you are having a long lasting tingling. Mine is about 30 sec then it is gone. :)
BE the Light - Shimmer and Shine!
JenK

Post by JenK » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:44 pm

I have a hard time w/ most of Sn's lippie formulas; my lips react and most colors turn pink on me. I threw in a stain and Fanfare w/ one of my skincare orders. I haven't had any reactions and Fanfare doesn't turn pink!!!! Blaze or Kindle will be in my next order. I love the slight burn and wish it would last longer!
Die Marchen

Post by Die Marchen » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:48 am

I also feel little stinging in the very beginning, but I like it :-)

Wanted to share - for me Creampuff has replaced Precious - it looks almost the same on my lips but the feeling is more moisturized. And Electra is exactly what I wanted Infatuation to be :-) They also look good applied one after another.

And Creampuff looks amazing with Afterglow blush!!! It is good with everything I own, but this combo is perfect.
Current ratio, Sept. 13: 1 Ebony : 1 Buttery Gold : 15 All Purpose : 5 Ivory : 2 Yellow : 1 Liberty : 1 Beach Bunny
The mix is pale and does't look yellow
Charz

Post by Charz » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:40 am

Chiming in with rave for ALGs. They're my go-to for a "my lips but juicier" healthy effect :P
Lemon

Post by Lemon » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:11 pm

I'm glad you created this topic. The ALG's are my favorite from Silk Naturals as well. For a formula that's not super thick, I was surprised with the great (but not overwhelming) color payoff. I only own 2 colors, but I don't have to reapply as often compared to a lip gloss in a wand. The ALG sort of reminds me of a lip stain with more substance, moisture, and sleekness (maybe not as long-lasting as a lip stain, but Provoke does leave a light stain). My difficult lips are very wrinkly and get easily dry so many lip products just accentuate or settle badly in the lip lines (which is sad since I want to try the SN lipsticks, but I already predict that my lips will behave badly). I haven't had a problem with the ALG's. I don't need the plumping to enlarge lips (although I love the tingling sensation), but I wonder if the ALG formula will help with lip wrinkles. ALG's are fantastic...I don't think I've ever encountered a product like this before. Allure is top on my wishlist.
frckls

Post by frckls » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:30 pm

I just want to rave again about the ALG. I SUPER LOVE it especially the Blushberry. It's super soft and plump and I love the non-shimmer color. I wish Karen will release more ALG like Blushberry, without shimmer, in tons of other colors!!
Maeva

Post by Maeva » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:21 pm

Lemon wrote:My difficult lips are very wrinkly and get easily dry so many lip products just accentuate or settle badly in the lip lines (which is sad since I want to try the SN lipsticks, but I already predict that my lips will behave badly). I haven't had a problem with the ALG's. I don't need the plumping to enlarge lips (although I love the tingling sensation), but I wonder if the ALG formula will help with lip wrinkles.
I am in my mid-forties and I have tiny fine lines around my mouth. I use Smooth and Full 24-7, either alone or under my lip color, and over the past few months the lines have diminished.
They were not deep to begin with, but still. . . :P It also hydrates my lips and makes my lipstick look better.
I always extend it beyond my lip line when I wear it alone.
Great product! It has the same collagen-building ingredient as the ALG's without the sting. Ladies with minor sensitivity to menthol can use it beneath the ALG's as a barrier--helps me a little!
I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little...you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny. – Coco Chanel
Lemon

Post by Lemon » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:33 pm

I am in my mid-forties and I have tiny fine lines around my mouth. I use Smooth and Full 24-7, either alone or under my lip color, and over the past few months the lines have diminished.
They were not deep to begin with, but still. . . :P It also hydrates my lips and makes my lipstick look better.
I always extend it beyond my lip line when I wear it alone.
Great product! It has the same collagen-building ingredient as the ALG's without the sting. Ladies with minor sensitivity to menthol can use it beneath the ALG's as a barrier--helps me a little!
Thanks for the suggestion! I've always been doomed with deep wrinkly lips since I was young so I had to be extra picky with lipsticks and such. But I do think this will help to provide a smoother application for lipsticks and such (without adding extra color). That makes senses since my lip glosses looked better when applied over my current ALG's. I don't know why I've never noticed Smooth and Full Black Label Lip Treatment before. As stated in the description, it does sound like an ideal night treatment (Good thing I just ran out of my current lip balm). Thanks again for mentioning this.. I don't want to be applying pigmented ALG's at bedtime..heheh. Glad that it has worked for you.
nature

Post by nature » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:16 pm

The ALG colors are crying out to me like mermaids to sailors, but I'm hesitant about getting the full sizes. My lips used to peel the next morning after I use the Smooth & Full at bedtime, so I stopped the treatment after it was used up. I'm mostly a Kisser Slicker and Butter Cream girl. But Bloom for example doesn't sit well on my lips. I see little balls forming about 2 hours after application. Exfoliating with the lip scrub 1-3 times per week doesn't really improve things. I have pretty deep creases in my lips and somehow do not look good wearing Dixie :( . I'm guessing the lip stains will play up the creases and I'm afraid to try the others. Do you ladies (with sensitive lips) think the ALGs will be too strong/stinging for my lips? But they are so pretty... sigh.
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:12 am

nature wrote:Do you ladies (with sensitive lips) think the ALGs will be too strong/stinging for my lips? But they are so pretty... sigh.
I'm in the tiny minority but yes, I say be cautious. How people use the words 'I have a sensitivity to...' can mean vastly different degrees of seriousness. Another lady here had the same problem I did with the Smooth & Full - peeling, raw lips which started to weep and split. However she went on to purchase many ALGs and appears to love them and enjoy them problem free - fantastic!

The ingredient name is the same from the S&F and the ALGs. She went ahead on the advice of another forum member who suggested that even though the names were the same, the two products still used different plumpers. I'm very glad it worked out well there. (I admit, that advice confused me).

However, when I saw her good results, I thought, "Oh great, that other person's advice was right after all... I'll try my Dancing Shoes ALG GWP". First day, slight numbness, like a few hours after dental anaesthesia. Second day, raw, red and swollen lips and a raw, weeping rash which had the corners of my mouth splitting and deeply chapped. Took just over a week to heal and another week for the redness to subside. No other changes which could have caused this (I know a bit about sensitivity testing).

Silk Naturals is great because if you order a product and it's not right for you, you can return it. Go ahead and try one if you want to and hopefully you'll be able to enjoy it as the vast majority of ladies here do. I'm the rare one who falls foul of this ingredient - it can happen randomly to anyone with anything. I don't mind, there are loads of other lippies to keep me more than happy, but if you know one ingredient is a problem, then just be careful, 'tis all.
nature wrote: I use the Smooth & Full at bedtime, so I stopped the treatment after it was used up
If you can use up a whole tube, you're probably not seriously sensitive to the ingredient and will probably be fine with the ALGs. The kind of reaction I was describing was after 1-2 applications.