SN eye shadow similar to Fyrinnae Love Potion?

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
Springfairy

SN eye shadow similar to Fyrinnae Love Potion?

Post by Springfairy » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:33 pm

Hi,

I'm looking for an SN eye shadow that looks the same or is very similar to Fyrinnae's Love Potion. Thanks for any suggestion!
Cupcake

Re: SN eye shadow similar to Fyrinnae Love Potion?

Post by Cupcake » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:17 am

Am struggling to find a decent clearly labelled swatch photo of it and it doesn't seem to be on Fyrinnae's site. Is it the candyfloss pink colour?

Just as a side thought, I bet Karen could do an awesome collection of colour-shift eyeshadows in the Arcane Magic style. Adorn was such a hit for subtle brilliance, I'm thinking that there could be interest in more dramatic colour shift eyeshadows, perhaps with bold interference?

Will keep trying to find a Love Potion swatch to know what the colour shift does, but in the mean time, no I don't think there's anything quite like it. Some good pinks, yes, but not complex ones.
Springfairy

Post by Springfairy » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:37 pm

Cupcake wrote:Am struggling to find a decent clearly labelled swatch photo of it and it doesn't seem to be on Fyrinnae's site. Is it the candyfloss pink colour?
I can't really describe it, as it is a complex colour but definitely pinkish. I think it got discontinued, but someone did a look on me at a festival which really brought out my eyes and I was looking for Love Potion since the summer without any luck. I found a link to a swatch of Love Potion here: http://www.phyrra.net/2011/01/some-fyri ... tches.html it says it's a vivid pink with a green and aqua shimmer.
cclee00

Post by cclee00 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:32 pm

Springfairy wrote:I found a link to a swatch of Love Potion here: http://www.phyrra.net/2011/01/some-fyri ... tches.html it says it's a vivid pink with a green and aqua shimmer.
My first thought is Adorn or Hug Me - are those even close? I don't have either one. If you find one tell us! It sounds beautiful! :)
Caroline

Makeup junkie extraordinaire and geek
frckls

Post by frckls » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:24 am

Adorn wont work to sub for Love Potion. Looking at LP's swatch, it's a far cry from Adorn. Adorn is tan with violet highlight. It's incredible but not LP, definitely.

Maybe Princess? But it's still lighter and doesn't have the aqua highlight LP
has?
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:09 am

More like Jellybean with Fairy Dust layered on top.
Springfairy

Post by Springfairy » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:23 am

Cupcake wrote:More like Jellybean with Fairy Dust layered on top.
Thanks a lot, everyone, for your suggestions. I'll try these two colours layered upon each other. Looks like another order is in order. :lol: