Spring!!!!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
karen
Site Admin

Spring!!!!

Post by karen » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:32 pm

So...I'm working on Spring. Mostly inspired by all of the really great requests on the Valentine's thread, and some from the wish list section. Right now skin care development is on hold because I have fickle preggo skin, and there are some things that I just can't work with/test thoroughly.

What would you like to see in the Spring collection?
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Heidiv

Re: Spring!!!!

Post by Heidiv » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:17 pm

I'd like to see a few GWP releases such as Pose, sunny plus a few others to build the eyelight or suede line a bit. What about maybe a non shimmery color similar to Eden that is a my lips but better color, not too pink, not too brown. While I love Eden to pieces, I do prefer the ALG formula esp when they are on the sheer side. While we are talking lippies, how about a couple easter candy inspired balms? Jelly bean or Peeps? LOL Just a thought.

Thanks for asking Karen,
Heidi
Heidiv

Post by Heidiv » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:22 pm

Oh and Equalizer too :) So many just fell in love with this. Including ME of course! I've had rosacea for over 10 years now and some neutralizers leave me looking a little green or corpse like. Not Equalizer thou. I've been using it as a primer on those angry skin days.

Thanks again,
Heidi
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:26 pm

That's so exciting, I can't wait for the Spring collection :)

I'm pretty sure I posted this in the Valentine's thread or Wish List, or both hehe :)
But I would love to see a lippie similar in color to the Buxom Princess lip gloss. Doesn't have to be a liquid gloss, as a matter of fact my fave is the ALG formula actually.
That color is just so unique, and I love how it looks on my lips. It is a somewhat light nude, kind of like Nice Tan, but it is very cool, so it looks a little tan-light purple. But then there are lots of very fine gold pearl particles, so when the light hits it you really see the gold. I would just do cartwheels if SN could make that color :)

Other than that, I think nice pastel, and light colors is what makes me think of Spring. Maybe something floral inspired.
I think these would make beautiful lip colors:
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
bellatete

Post by bellatete » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:36 pm

tossing some coins into the wishing well:

- equalizer
- cream bronzer without shimmer
- cream highlighter with more of a 'lit from within' glow, less obvious than avalanche and pizzaz... a creamy kinda glow (something in the range of restless or cloudberry eyeshadow)

hmmm, can't think of anything else at the moment :?

thanks for taking the time to ask, karen!!
kchalbi

Post by kchalbi » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:08 pm

I'd love some more pastels in the suede finish! I'd also love a non-shimmery soft peach blush and that coral lippy suggestion that was floating around in the wishlist thread! Can't wait to see what you come up with!
frckls

Post by frckls » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:56 pm

a light peach lippie that isn't garish or too milky, please! a little like the second flower in Oxana's color board, but a tad more pink! especially if it's the cream finish in ALG form like the Blushberry (it's my kind of perfect finish) or something along the NARS Barbarella color. I've been looking head over heels for my perfect peach lippie for spring and summer and of course my last resort is SN!

I've chucked some other color ideas for the peach/pale coral lippies in the thread!
http://host.silknaturals.com/forum/view ... f=5&t=3656
ErinL

Post by ErinL » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:57 pm

Love Oxana's pictures for colors!!! Would also love a coral gloss in between Ginny and Zinnia in brightness.
Some warm shades for pale girlies like me would be nice. :lol:
And the Equalizer powder sounds really good too!
MBlovesSN

Post by MBlovesSN » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:13 pm

So this is a compilation of lust-worthy items from various posts by others and some of my own thoughts:

- Bigger sizes of the hand lotions

- A hair product that encourages hair growth

- GWP releases such as Catch, Mazel Tov, Together, Trip, Merille, and Brightside

- A pure rose color lippie similar to the discontinued Genuine in a similar formula

- A medium-toned eyelight lid wash color such as a soft gold with a touch of coppery sparkles that is not too light (I am a medium skin tone girl and I have a hard time finding a one-wash lid color)

Everybody has such great ideas and I have to say it would be awesome to see any of them come to fruition!
Favorites

Blush: Abstract, Maybe Baby, and Poppy
Eyeshadows: Blanket Fort, Cult, Danny, Latte, and Moss
Lipsticks: All In, Asset, Eternal, Notion, and Syntax
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:40 am

My votes go for

- Equalizer
- Pose to be released
- Flirt-ish cream blush (no shimmer, please :) )
- Pale coral lippie

Thank you, as always, you're marvelous!