Spring?

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
ErinL

Re: Spring?

Post by ErinL » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:41 am

Oh, I would also like a men's cologne along the lines of Diesel's "Only the Brave". http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Dies ... -5532.html I love the scent (so does hubby), but 1.) it is super-expensive!! and 2.) I'd much rather buy from SN. :D
kchalbi

Post by kchalbi » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:50 pm

I second Xarata on anything peach/orange and add in gold/bronze-sunkissed type colors. I'd love to see a coral and nude lip stain added. I love your sheer but bright lip colors, I'd love to see more like that, plus a warm (similar to cider blush) nude lip color.
Maeva

Post by Maeva » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:45 pm

I would love an updated Non-ALG version of Swank. A violet version of Glacier sounds great...wish I could wear the ALGs :(

An array of cream shadows would be great, as would an updated Hey Baby as Oxana described.

Sorry, but I must admit I that I prefer the smaller lip gloss tubes with the doe-foot applicators; both of my brushes arrived in a splayed state.

I always wish for budge-proof matte lippies. A warm rose would be nice. A matte Non-ALG variation on Nice Tan would put me in orbit!

Lipstains: Tan? Warm rose?

:D
I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little...you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny. – Coco Chanel
Ladybug914

Post by Ladybug914 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:44 pm

I guess I am in the minority with my opinion of the new lip gloss tubes. I love them, and I haven't had issues with the brushes splaying much on the two I have. I definitely prefer the brush to the doe foot applicator. I can get enough product in one swipe and not have to keep dipping into the tube. I will say that the larger size and higher price do mean I am less likely to try a color that I am not 100% convinced will work for me.
4wheel

Post by 4wheel » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:54 pm

Ladybug914 wrote:I guess I am in the minority with my opinion of the new lip gloss tubes. I love them, and I haven't had issues with the brushes splaying much on the two I have. I definitely prefer the brush to the doe foot applicator. I can get enough product in one swipe and not have to keep dipping into the tube. .
Im with you Ladybug. I love the taste/smell and stevia in them also. I had one splayed bristle that poked up so I cut it off. :D
BE the Light - Shimmer and Shine!
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:44 am

4wheel wrote:
Ladybug914 wrote:I guess I am in the minority with my opinion of the new lip gloss tubes. I love them, and I haven't had issues with the brushes splaying much on the two I have. I definitely prefer the brush to the doe foot applicator. I can get enough product in one swipe and not have to keep dipping into the tube. .
Im with you Ladybug. I love the taste/smell and stevia in them also. I had one splayed bristle that poked up so I cut it off. :D
Did you cut the whole brush short or just the splayed bristles? I haven't tried cutting mine. I like the brush(the application anyway), the tube, and the gloss, i just don't like the splaying. If cutting it works, perhaps i will try that...
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:45 am

I was thinking there's got to be a trick or something to it. Like is there a way to put the brush back in correctly or something? I was thinking of holding it in boiling water to fix all the bristles, I think I heard that trick somewhere. And then maybe I can cut ones that still continue to stick out. Because I do prefer the brush, it works much better for me, so I just need to learn the trick to keeping it from splaying out, that's all.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
Heidiv

Post by Heidiv » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:54 pm

I would love hear any other tricks and tips to get the brush in right as well. I must be doing something terribly wrong since mine has about 1/2 the bristles sticking out to the side. If I cut them all off, I'd have almost nothing to apply with. I'll try that boiling water trick before cutting them for sure. Thanks for that.
zooeyblue

Post by zooeyblue » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:15 pm

As far as the new lipgloss containers. . . my brush arrived slightly splayed and got worse. I tried my darnedest, but couldn't keep it from happening. I really do prefer the doefoot applicators. I also am less likely to try a new color in the large bottles.

I'd love a replacement for Zinnia lipgloss (not sure if Infinity is anywhere close to it?). It was my go-to fun summer gloss. I missed out when it left, though. :(

I'd also love a color similar to Nude Beach--same Kisser Slicker formula (sadly discontinued). I have back-up, but am hoping a new version arrives in the not-so-distant future! :D It's the perfect summer bronze lip color, without being overly flashy. I can't do nude lip looks--I have to have color!

Namaste GWP is wonderful. . . it is now competing with my beloved Homecoming Queen! Would love for it to be around full time. . . .

Finally, a light pink vegan blush that is slightly peachy. "Vegan" is the operative word here. I can't wear the ones with silk because they break me out. . . . *sigh*
~Tracy~
Springfairy

Post by Springfairy » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:33 pm

Here is my wishlist for Spring:

- fixing spray that keeps my eye/face makeup in place especially in warmer weather (I use Strawberry Spritz as a setting spray but running low on my discontinued organic fixing spray)
- a primer similar to 100% Pure but more affordable
- liquid mineral foundation and or BB cream for dry skin sans silicone
- an eye cream that tackles fine wrinkles (the cucumber peptide breaks me out on the lid and at the corners, so I only use it under eye)
- I'd also love to see some lip liners
- cream eye shadows
- return of Moisture magic
- 100% pure argan oil (adding a few drops to any moisturiser works wonders)
- true orange lipstick
- more light berry coloured lippies with more coverage.
"Everything that is done for us, without us, is not ours."