Spring?

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
cristy_amk

Re: Spring?

Post by cristy_amk » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:10 pm

Autumn wrote:I would like to see:

Cream eye shadows. Especially neutral shades like Shell that can be a base for colours. I also like to see highlight shades.

Oils - sold in small amounts. Argan is great for hair. Squalane, apricot, etc. Oils sold separately or perhaps a mix. These could be multi use products for skin, nails, cuticles, hair, etc. Also could be used to boast (added to) a moisturizer.

An eye cream that just moisturizes. I do have the eye treatment that is currently available; just does not agree with me.

I am sure I will think of more things.
I love the idea of oils. I break out like crazy so I am always leery trying new products. I'd love to see some eye dropper sized oils and maybe post some recipes? Or maybe members could post recipes? It would be great to make a small investment and see if a product works.
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:58 am

The only problem I see with that is that there are a ton of companies already that sell oils and samples of oils. SN's thing has always been finished makeup not ingredients, and I mean I would gladly support SN because I love the company, but it just might be difficult to sell enough little samples of oils quickly, since they don't last that long until they go rancid, some oils even need to be refrigerated, and they would have to worry about their large wholesale jug of oil going bad. Although I guess if it is oils that are already used in their products that probably won't be an issue.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
cclee00

Post by cclee00 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:35 pm

I would also really love to see a dupe for MAC Rose pigment. It's a beautiful shade of pink with a strong gold sheen/sparkle. It's gorgeous but I can't see myself forking over $21 for it.
Caroline

Makeup junkie extraordinaire and geek
MBlovesSN

Post by MBlovesSN » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:05 am

ErinL wrote:I would love love more colors with the same texture/finish as Nectar! Some warmer and slightly dark colors! I love the glossy, non-shimmery-ness :lol: . I would love a color similar to Centerfold or Darling--MLBB, but in Nectar's texture.

Also, I would still love cream shadows! I would love colors similar to Doubloons, Adore, Quiver, Fire, Idolize... :)

I love your ideas for the lippies and the cream shadows.....brilliance! In general, I would like some more neutral to warm toned lippies. I would love to see Ginny converted into a lipstick form.....or a similar reincarnation of Prelude!
Favorites

Blush: Abstract, Maybe Baby, and Poppy
Eyeshadows: Blanket Fort, Cult, Danny, Latte, and Moss
Lipsticks: All In, Asset, Eternal, Notion, and Syntax
MBlovesSN

Post by MBlovesSN » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:06 am

kchalbi wrote:I second Xarata on anything peach/orange and add in gold/bronze-sunkissed type colors. I'd love to see a coral and nude lip stain added. I love your sheer but bright lip colors, I'd love to see more like that, plus a warm (similar to cider blush) nude lip color.

Yes, yes, and yes.....would buy it all!
Favorites

MBlovesSN

Post by MBlovesSN » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:08 am

Maeva wrote:I would love an updated Non-ALG version of Swank. A violet version of Glacier sounds great...wish I could wear the ALGs :(

An array of cream shadows would be great, as would an updated Hey Baby as Oxana described.

Sorry, but I must admit I that I prefer the smaller lip gloss tubes with the doe-foot applicators; both of my brushes arrived in a splayed state.

I always wish for budge-proof matte lippies. A warm rose would be nice. A matte Non-ALG variation on Nice Tan would put me in orbit!

Lipstains: Tan? Warm rose?

:D
Again, I would buy any and all of these products. A warm rose lip stain.....swoon!

And yes, I too prefer the smaller lip glosses with the doe-foot applicators hands-down!
Favorites

MBlovesSN

Post by MBlovesSN » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:15 am

zooeyblue wrote:As far as the new lipgloss containers. . . my brush arrived slightly splayed and got worse. I tried my darnedest, but couldn't keep it from happening. I really do prefer the doefoot applicators. I also am less likely to try a new color in the large bottles.

I'd love a replacement for Zinnia lipgloss (not sure if Infinity is anywhere close to it?). It was my go-to fun summer gloss. I missed out when it left, though. :(

I'd also love a color similar to Nude Beach--same Kisser Slicker formula (sadly discontinued). I have back-up, but am hoping a new version arrives in the not-so-distant future! :D It's the perfect summer bronze lip color, without being overly flashy. I can't do nude lip looks--I have to have color!

Namaste GWP is wonderful. . . it is now competing with my beloved Homecoming Queen! Would love for it to be around full time. . . .

Finally, a light pink vegan blush that is slightly peachy. "Vegan" is the operative word here. I can't wear the ones with silk because they break me out. . . . *sigh*
Zinnia did look like a fun color.....I would be interested in a reincarnation of that color as well!
Favorites

MBlovesSN

Post by MBlovesSN » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:24 am

Here is my personal wish list:

I would love to see a matte neutral pinkish-brown blush like Tarte's Exposed or something similar to SN's Mojave eyeshadow.

Also, I would like a matte bright berry blush similar to Carnal but more reddish-berry than plum along with a coordinating lippie.

I think the neutral pinkish-brown blush will be perfect for the upcoming Spring and Summer months!
Favorites

nature

Post by nature » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:32 pm

Moisturizing lip scrub in a tube please! :)

ETA: how about a minty lip scrub? To use after brushing my teeth so that everything tastes about the same. :D
Last edited by nature on Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Autumn

Post by Autumn » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:03 pm

Oxana124 wrote:The only problem I see with that is that there are a ton of companies already that sell oils and samples of oils. SN's thing has always been finished makeup not ingredients, and I mean I would gladly support SN because I love the company, but it just might be difficult to sell enough little samples of oils quickly, since they don't last that long until they go rancid, some oils even need to be refrigerated, and they would have to worry about their large wholesale jug of oil going bad. Although I guess if it is oils that are already used in their products that probably won't be an issue.
I put it out there as an idea as I prefer to buy from SN. Not all oils have short shelf lives and I was thinking of oils that are already used in skin care formulas and the lush locks hair oil.