I Need to Vent

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
trixiejim

I Need to Vent

Post by trixiejim » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:55 pm

Please don't get mad at me for expressing how I feel :) I trust I am doing it in a kind and respectful way.

I don't know what I want to do at this point. I have spent hundreds of dollars on many SN lippies and have come up with my favorites....but I am really frustrated. ALL my favorite lip colors get discontinued. The latest is KINETIC. It is a gorgeous color that will add sparkle to any color or lighten darker colors, and looks fantastic by itself too! I don't understand why this color is not more popular and needs to be discontinued!!! Yes, new beautiful colors have been added, but as beautiful as Broadway is, it doesn't hold a candle to how versatile Kinetic is. So many SN lippie colors are similar, but Kinetic is not similar to anything! Please reconsider discontinuing it.

I am also disappointed that Kisser Slickers seem to be "out." And the very faint vanilla has virtually disappeared from all lippies. Some people are allergic, but most are not. Why can't we have some? If someone tells me it's still there, I have not experienced it, so it has changed.

I have loved Silk Naturals for a long time, but I have become disillusioned with the company's discontinuation choices. Karen and her staff are great, so I am not putting anyone down, but this may not be the lippie line for me anymore, which makes me incredibly sad.
Xarata

Re: I Need to Vent

Post by Xarata » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:10 pm

A lot of my favorite colors get discontinued because of pigment supply issues. Peach in particular seems to disappear without a trace and then it can't be made anymore. Don't know what I will do when I run out of sassy blush as I just don't love lovelace in the same way. Other pigments have bad shelf life (the color "evolves" as it sits/oxidizes) and they can't keep it because it doesn't remain consistent. Tans/nudes in particular seem to do that a lot. Others just don't sell. It is a bummer when something gets discontinued. Freezing your spares should keep them for a really long time though and hopefully in the 3-5 years it takes to finish multiples of the same shade, you'll find a new favorite. Good luck!
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:17 pm

I don't like discontinuing colors any more than you like having your favorites discontinued. It kills me to do it because I know that when we get rid of something it's usually at least one person's favorite. They're also kind of my babies, and it just stings all around.

I'm sorry Kinetic is going. Heidi and I liked that one a lot. Have you tried Modern Poet? It's not quite as glimmery, but it's a similar effect.

Over the summer I have to take a big look at the line. The shelves are really full, and I don't want to be the company that discontinues products all the time to bring out new ones. It's a pain for everyone.

I know that everyone has their favorite formulas, and when I'm designing a new collection there's always more good ideas, and awesome requests than there is time to pull it off. I'm 2-3 years back on some. I try, but there are limits to the number of things we can release and still maintain the quality. I personally wear every single color before it goes live. Nothing's out as far as a formula there's just some colors or some ideas or some themes that I want to explore, and I pick the formula that works best with the color.

I'm sorry you feel that way, and I get where you're coming from.

Sam- check out Top Shelf. It's similar to Sassy- warmer toned, matte, and light.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
cristy_amk

Post by cristy_amk » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:18 pm

Karen I'm always sad to see products go, but I truly appreciate the fact that for the most part you try to give us a heads up! I've had the misfortune of dealing with a few other mineral makeup companies that discontinue products as fast as they introduce them! No forewarning, no explanation, just "poof" they were gone! I now order from you and one other mineral company ONLY. You've proven to me you're here to stay, and while I know there is a chance you may have to discontinue items in the future I've found enough of your colors that work that I actually have a few HG's! I used to focus on only one or two colors, but I've learned it's good to have a few just in case!
4wheel

Post by 4wheel » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:31 pm

ITA, SN is a company with a great owner, CS and product that keeps me here. I'm not going anywhere. :D :D :D
BE the Light - Shimmer and Shine!