Holiday and Skin Care- What would you like?

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Cupcake

Re: Holiday and Skin Care- What would you like?

Post by Cupcake » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:57 am

karen wrote:Susan.....Hopefully she'll be back soon, but things are very touch and go for the moment.
Ah God bless and am sending hugs for things to work out for the best. x

On the Holiday theme - you know how you can get highlighter dust for cheekbones etc, what about something that dusts onto those body bits like collar bones and shoulders and chesticles ;) we show off in holiday season party dresses? Not that brasher body bling you'd use to accentuate a tan (strong colours, ultra shimmery) but something gentle on the paler-than-summer skin and quite a dilute, easy to dust without overdoing it kind of texture? I'm thinking a very soft gentle gold, maybe a hint of pink or copper - maybe a 2-3 options to suit all. I'm thinking sort of like grannies talcum powder dusting puff kind of application (applicator not included lol) but something to just give a sensual, elegantly seductive, ladylike not brash, barely there glint to winter skin. A finishing touch to a party dress ensemble, or a romantic evening in (chance would be a fine thing lol).
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:22 pm

Thank you so much for the kind words and offers of help. Jamie (who recanted on her 2 weeks notice)- and I are handling things pretty well for the moment. No official word from Susan- but the town rumor mill is finally delivering some good news!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
kyblueeyes74

Post by kyblueeyes74 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:55 pm

Hi Karen,
I think I would like to see some skincare using aloe vera, since it is the healing plant, I think everyone could benefit from this ingredient. For makeup maybe a icy blue e/s and a pink/lilac blush and maybe a lippie that looks like the natural color of lips, maybe a juicy pink color with no shimmer. Can't wait to see what you will come up with, I know it will be fabulous.
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:35 pm

oh yes, i love aloe vera/aloe vera juice in my skincare too!!!
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:18 pm

Cross referencing from another thread, and because I haven't tried it, I can't comment (but it's on my own wishlist, hehe):

Try Soft for the 'juicy pink with no shimmer'. Good luck!
frond

Post by frond » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:23 pm

Karen, I'm really really lemming a nice 'powder' type treatment to use at night. Something like AL's nocturne... could you please mix up something like that?
hotmama

Post by hotmama » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:27 am

I would love to have a pineapple facial wash in skincare. and a really good night/eye cream.
packgal

Post by packgal » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:16 pm

karen i think more KITS would be great for the holiday. i recently bought the summer lovin kit and went out of town--they were the only e/s that i brought and i LOVED having them with me. it was so easy to grab the whole beautiful little black bag when i was quickly packing--no trying to figure out what combos i should do and which e/s i needed to bring. all the colors went so well together and i had lots of options on how to mix and match. this is the first e/s kit that i have ever gotten and i'm pretty sold on the whole idea. you don't even have to come up with all new colors--you could put already existing favorites in groups that would work.
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:21 pm

So just found out that I shouldn't be using my trusty Cetaphil cleanser that has been my staple for about 10 years. Yeah, I was under a rock... Would it be possible to concoct something that gentle but thorough cleanser that doesn't contain parabens and all the other yucky stuff. I have combo skin, and this is the only thing that never broke me out or made my face dry. I'm sad right now, and wish I could just put my head back in the sand, but I know I will thank me later down the road.

Big sigh.
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:59 am

Will you look at Aubrey Organics sensitive skin care line? The green tea line is also fantastic.