Holiday and Skin Care- What would you like?

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
egerandi

Re: Holiday and Skin Care- What would you like?

Post by egerandi » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:10 am

I'll check it out, thanks! I'm at the point where I consider making my own stuff, but I'd rather not have to worry about it :) I've been using the sample raspberry day cream/lotion for a few days now, and I really like it, so here is to hope Karen surprises us with something equally nice :) If not, my search continues, and I'll definitely give Aubry a try. I believe some sites sell samples of their products.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:06 am

With any luck we will have a cleanser! Susan comes back next week- so hopefully I'll be able to pick things up again.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:37 pm

Glitters :)
Sephora has a selection of glitter powder and liquid glitter for the holidays. White, gold, brownish gold, silver and I forget... Extra oomph, anyone?
ladycattat

Post by ladycattat » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:03 pm

Hi Karen: there is a lot of stuff people want for the holidays,isn't there? So, here is me, throwing in my 2 cents worth. I was checking out the MACs holiday collections, and boy, are they purty....especially the eyeshadow pallettes. There are 6 shades in a jeweled pallette(which of course I don't care about THAT), but the color combos are spectacular! The 2 I love are the *warm* combo, and the *smoky* combo.
I am not a huge MAC follower, but these shades just looked so festive and luxurious together. I will try to get the link so you can see what I mean, but my kids are hollering to get fed right now!
TTFN,
Laurie
Summer,2012
90 Medium
5 BG
5.5 yellow

HG: Sheer Zinc Powder
and Equalizer
E/S..Spellbound, Adorn, and Juiced,
Lips: Roxie,Kinetic, Fascinate, Glacier, Nice Tan

There cannot be a crisis until next week. My schedule is already full.
Henry Kissinger
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:26 pm

Well- Susan is back!!! We're getting caught up, and just doing some general cleaning/organizing- and back to working on some things.

I have something to run by you all...
The night treatment- I researched it, looked at the ingredients- and it's do-able- sorta. The trace mineral concentrate as far as I can tell comes from this one specific cave in Utah- BUT some of those minerals are lead, arsenic, chromium, cadmium, uranium- I'm not not not willing to sell something like that. They're in small amounts- but it's just not happening. The truly active parts of a powder like that are the Vitamin C and Anti-Oxidants. Personally I think dissolving them in a bit of lotion or aloe or even water is the way to go to make them the most active and easily absorbed. BUT I can whiz them up with some mica, zinc and silk if you want some sort of a powder. I've been using straight vitamin c and green tea as a powder mixed into my moisturizer for a couple of years- and love it- but we can do some sort of a brush on powder if you want.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
JenW

Post by JenW » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:03 pm

I want the powder to mix in my moisturizer!!!!! (Karen was nice enough to share some with me, and I really like it! It is much better for dry skin in this form and absorbs like a dream. And then I top with my bio oils.)
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
ladycattat

Post by ladycattat » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:14 pm

It sounds great; if you have normal or dry skin. Mine is oily, so I never use a moisturizer.(stop gasping, everybody! LOL)
I would prefer a brush on powder product.
But that's just me.
Laurie
Summer,2012
90 Medium
5 BG
5.5 yellow

HG: Sheer Zinc Powder
and Equalizer
E/S..Spellbound, Adorn, and Juiced,
Lips: Roxie,Kinetic, Fascinate, Glacier, Nice Tan

There cannot be a crisis until next week. My schedule is already full.
Henry Kissinger
tizzylou

Post by tizzylou » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:22 pm

I want the powder to disolve in moisturizer or aloe , or what ever, I currently use Rhonda Allison's Vit C serum in the mornings, and it is awesome, but would prefer a more economical version. Not that I mind paying for products that work, but as we all know the cadillac isn't always better.
Hollis
mgmsrk

Post by mgmsrk » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:20 pm

I would like the powdered form to add to my avocado oil, it will also save on shipping.
"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we are taught." (Baba Dioum)

www.Maryah-CBPP.com
Heathcliff79

Post by Heathcliff79 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:47 pm

oh boy! *clap clap clap!* this is something I'm excited about! brush-on or mixed into moisturizer -- both sound good!