fragrance: annick goutal's petite cherie

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
nonameapplicable

Re: fragrance: annick goutal's petite cherie

Post by nonameapplicable » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:53 am

mncwng wrote:
I first fell in love with the story bhind petite cherie, but couldnt find where its sold in sg, so i cn get a whiff. When i found it, omg... I m totally sold to this fragrance! Totally touched by it.
just curious - what is the story behind petite cherie? this is one of the fragrances coming in my next order, and i'm so excited! :D :D
haha! i'm looking forward to receiving mine in probably 4 to 5 days time. karen shipped it out on 26th.

i tried to find that link to that interview article, but strange i can't locate it anymore. remember reading it on one of the vox blogs.

anyways, petite cherie means "little darling" in french. annick goutal created this scent for her daughter camille as she became a young woman, to remind her of the innocence in childhood. camille is now creating fragrance too.

i'm really touched when i had the first whiff of the scent, flashes of images from the favorite chunk of my childhood came to mind, and i feel really comfortable.

cos i'm a very sensitive to scent person, sometimes random scents can bring back memories and de javu feelings x)

petite cherie is the kind of scent that is not too sweet that makes it too "light hearted" to wear to work, but just the right balance of cosy comfort and trustworthy comfort.
http://nonameapplicableduckling.vox.com/

being open and adventurous to makeup color is one tiny gesture, but one ginormous step to being more receptive to the beauty life is bringing onto you.

never try, never know x) have fun!
nonameapplicable

Post by nonameapplicable » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:58 am

rubycat95 wrote:I received my f/s PC yesterday and it is in a word......PERFECTION! I've been wearing this fragrance for well over 10 yrs. now, kind of my "signature" scent and I'm happy to say that I won't have to spend $95 a bottle at Nordstrom anymore. Everyone should at least sample this. It's so fresh and yummy! Perfect for all ages-my little girls are quickly becoming fragrance hounds and they love it too :D
Ruby
its selling cheaper at your side! the price is crazy here. $160 - $180 for the normal bottle, $230+ for the pretty bottle with the butterfly, and charging even more for the anniversary bottle that has the butterfly and the paintings!

ruby, i suddenly have an image of you haha! cheerful aura with petite cherie's scent. lacking the voice!

being open and adventurous to makeup color is one tiny gesture, but one ginormous step to being more receptive to the beauty life is bringing onto you.

nonameapplicable

Post by nonameapplicable » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:00 am

karen wrote:It's really fun! We blend everything here- but I start with some premade scents like mint, or pink grapefruit, or musk etc, and some of the clone scents come direct from big fragrance houses that supply the whole industry- including perfume, soap etc. Hermes and Guerlain have house perfumers, but the majority of scents are made by a small handful of perfume manufacturers. I'm a decent scent blender- but the big houses use gas chromatographs to get clones that are more accurate than a normal person can get, or sells pretty much the same stuff to everyone. Petite Cherie comes from a house that makes impeccable clones- so I went with them for that one. It's the same with makeup- the big pigment houses sell to everyone- so Chanel, MAC and I have some of the same pigment suppliers too.
haha ya i didnt thought of that! that's why i always rather buy mmu whenever i can, than to splurge on those big brands =P

i got a sample of petal for my cousin and she totally loves it! she was a loyal supporter of benefit dandelion =D

rubycat95

Post by rubycat95 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:12 pm

Noname,

Yikes, it is expensive there! I have not seen the butterfly or anniversary bottles in person, but am not surprised to hear they cost more than the regular packaging. I am sur you will love SN's version as much as I do. I wore it yesterday to lunch w/some girlfriends and they were all wondering what "that lovely scent" was! Of course I told them about SN, so converting more friends is a good thing!
Ruby :)
PS-love your image of me! Can't help but be cheerful when wearing PC!!!