NARS Cactus Flower Cream Blush

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
McKinley

Re: NARS Cactus Flower Cream Blush

Post by McKinley » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:18 am

Cupcake wrote:Woah that's an amazing colour. One for the ladies of colour, perhaps for blush, but an awesome lippy for everyone. On dark skins, it'd give a similar look to that which Devoted blush gives to pale skins?
I was wondering about Devoted as well--I am going to order it in my next haul and see if it compares. Maybe if I add a sprinkling of Bling eyeshadow for some of the gold sparkle Cactus Flower contains. I find that Cactus Flower is quite a brilliant poppy red in real life, and that no swatch does it justice. I agree that it is simply made for deep skin tones--but paler ladies can achieve a gorgeous look if they use a micro fibre brush with a light hand. Perhaps Devoted is already the dupe I am looking for! Does anyone have it, and do they have a photograph of themselves wearing it? I find I prefer a face to a swatch on an anonymous arm! Perhaps we should start photographing Looks and posting them on this forum! Who's with me? :)
lilychemgirl

Post by lilychemgirl » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:33 am

That would be the FOTD (face of the day) thread ;) There are (over the course of the thread) quite a few pics of me (amongst others) wearing various looks.
Mineral makeup addict, Mama to three amazing girls, loving wife to Tom ♥
McKinley

Post by McKinley » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:08 am

lilychemgirl wrote:That would be the FOTD (face of the day) thread ;) There are (over the course of the thread) quite a few pics of me (amongst others) wearing various looks.
Ohhhhh! That is what FOTD stands for! Ha! And here I thought I was so original! Thanks for the tip! x^D *runs to peruse lovely faces*
lilychemgirl

Post by lilychemgirl » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:58 am

Oh, and I have forever, though I haven't seen the nars cactus flower IRL, forever is very pretty (and pigmented, so I think would work well for darker skins). I just use a tiny tiny dot and blend blend blend :)
Mineral makeup addict, Mama to three amazing girls, loving wife to Tom ♥