Butter Cream formula is a dream!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
egerandi

Re: Butter Cream formula is a dream!

Post by egerandi » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:44 pm

JenK wrote:
berceuse wrote:JenK, could you describe Honeysuckle a little more? How orange/bright/opaque is it on?

This is very opague...like a lipstick. I have Temptation and don't find these very similiar. This is a golden orange w/ a hint of pink and a fine shimmer ( NO red at all on me). The shimmer in this reminds me of the shimmer in Polished Pink, really just gives a hint of depth, no glitter. The texture is a dream, really is like butta. Cassis isn't as buttery as this.

Hmmm, if it's not like Temptation, then it may work on me too. Temptation was just kinda strange, bright shiny pinkish orange. If you have Zinnia (love!), how would you compare? I'm into oranges and corals now :)
JenK

Post by JenK » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:59 pm

egerandi wrote:
JenK wrote:
berceuse wrote:JenK, could you describe Honeysuckle a little more? How orange/bright/opaque is it on?

This is very opague...like a lipstick. I have Temptation and don't find these very similiar. This is a golden orange w/ a hint of pink and a fine shimmer ( NO red at all on me). The shimmer in this reminds me of the shimmer in Polished Pink, really just gives a hint of depth, no glitter. The texture is a dream, really is like butta. Cassis isn't as buttery as this.

Hmmm, if it's not like Temptation, then it may work on me too. Temptation was just kinda strange, bright shiny pinkish orange. If you have Zinnia (love!), how would you compare? I'm into oranges and corals now :)
I don't have Zinnia. I just ordered one wand to try the formula (St. Tropez). I really like the formula, perfect for summer, so I NEED to order a few more colors. Zinnia and Shrieking Violet are calling my name.
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:46 pm

I have both Zinnia and Shrieking Violet, you're going to like them! The formula is really nice, I can't wait to get my hands on Innocent.
superwahz

Post by superwahz » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:36 am

egerandi wrote:Hmmm, if it's not like Temptation, then it may work on me too. Temptation was just kinda strange, bright shiny pinkish orange. If you have Zinnia (love!), how would you compare? I'm into oranges and corals now :)
I have them all, I'd say Honeysuckle is the butter cream sister of Zinnia. They aren't exactly alike, but the colors are pretty close. On my hand they swatch differently, but on my lips they look the same...more pink than Temptation or Verve looks. They are such pretty shades but unfortunately aren't the summery orange shades I've been looking for. I think it's a problem with my lip color though, on different lips/skintones they'd probably look more coral than pink.

To me, Wistaria looks like a butter cream baby of Shrieking Violet and Innocent, without the blue. All 3 turn similar shades of lavender on my lips. Shrieking Violet being more fuchsia lavender, so the brightest of them all, Innocent a baby pink but turns a bit lavender on my lips (though I think that's an oddity of my lip color blending with it), and Wistaria a lavender pink (in other words, the most lavender of them all, but still has pink).

Azalea is really creamy feeling, a vibrant fuchsia pink on my lips. Cassis is very dark and dramatic, my lips are so pale I'd have to wear a lip pencil or stain under it in order not to get color gaps as it wears. It doesn't feel as creamy as some of the other butter creams, I thought I was imagining it, but guess not! :P

On me, Heirloom looks like a butter cream sister to St. Tropez. Little less nude pink than St. Tropez is, with some shimmer.
Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic. ~Rosalind Russell
JenK

Post by JenK » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:04 pm

superwahz wrote: On me, Heirloom looks like a butter cream sister to St. Tropez. Little less nude pink than St. Tropez is, with some shimmer.
Ditto!!! I find both turning a bit lavender, do you? I may just order Shrieking Violet, lavender isn't the best on me.
superwahz

Post by superwahz » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:22 pm

JenK wrote:
superwahz wrote: On me, Heirloom looks like a butter cream sister to St. Tropez. Little less nude pink than St. Tropez is, with some shimmer.
Ditto!!! I find both turning a bit lavender, do you? I may just order Shrieking Violet, lavender isn't the best on me.
Yes, Heirloom turns this mauve pink color that is beautiful, but clashes with the yellow in my skin. In fact, it makes my skin look almost orange? On my mother, it would be absolutely gorgeous though, she's quite cool. St. Tropez is a bit more wearable for me since its less pink, but I have to be wearing more neutral colors to make it work.

Shrieking Violet might work for you, depends on your lip pigmentation I think! It's less fuchsia than I expected it to be...
missyjean

Post by missyjean » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:59 pm

I got Heirloom!

I'm a ratio of 20:1,ivory to ebony,in my foundation color...so even though I'm freakishly pale it's still a nice wearable pinkish hue for me.Surprising,really.My boyfriend loves it.

As for the moisture,it work really well. I always forget to hydrate properly so my lips are often a flaky mess. I only had to reapply 5 hours in!That's a definite record for me and lip colors.If I actually drank enough it would surely perform better.
superwahz

Post by superwahz » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:23 pm

missyjean wrote:I got Heirloom!

I'm a ratio of 20:1,ivory to ebony,in my foundation color...so even though I'm freakishly pale it's still a nice wearable pinkish hue for me.Surprising,really.My boyfriend loves it.

As for the moisture,it work really well. I always forget to hydrate properly so my lips are often a flaky mess. I only had to reapply 5 hours in!That's a definite record for me and lip colors.If I actually drank enough it would surely perform better.
Yup, with a pale ebony foundation I bet Heirloom is absolutely gorgeous on you! :D I think it's a soft enough pink to be very wearable with really light skin!
emmy2410

Post by emmy2410 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:56 pm

I just got the butter cream formula in deep plum...wowwwww it was amazing...usually lipsticks or gloss doesnt stay too long and it will start cracking...but this butter cream stay on and moisturised my lips and i love that feeling. I am thinking of getting the other colours soon.
Thanks to karen.........yeahhhhhhhhhhh
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:07 pm

I love the plumping buttercream. Will there be one of these permanently?

I know there was some discussion of the Smooth & Full being similar... so if not, I will try that... but I am just loving Barcelona.