SN long handled flat top brush?

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Jessica

Re: SN long handled flat top brush?

Post by Jessica » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:54 pm

Well girls, it does have an 100% unconditional guarentee if you don't like some of the popular brushes (mostly from the 'ULTIMATE' brush line) :)

By the way.. I was wondering if anybody could help advise me or show me a video on how to wash these brushes?

I remember following one on youtube (using olive oil, following-up with mild shampoo) but I wrecked my EM flat top brush when I washed it the second time (it's not flat anymore!!!)
And Karen states on one of the brush information not to wash with water?

I'm frightened as Hell at the thought of ruining my beautiful SN brushes! (I have the flat top and lovely beautiful ultimate kabuki)
The thickness of the kabuki also plays into a factor of my fear!
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:18 pm

It's alright cupcake, I went ahead and ordered the flat top. Now I will need to figure out how to clean it. I have always washed my brushes with water and a mild soap.
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:21 pm

I'm happy to be corrected on this, but for all my Ultimate brushes including the long handled flat top and the stubby round head kabuki, I wash them with running hand-hot water and a little KISS cleanser. It's perfectly gentle on our faces and removes makeup effortlessly, so it seemed logical to try it on brushes - for me, works as well as you'd want. I lay them on a towel to absorb the worst of the water, then lay them flat to dry overnight hanging over the edge of a shelf. Looks as good as the day I got them. My long handled flat top I've had for about a year now, still in perfect shape and never lost a bristle.
Last edited by Cupcake on Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:21 pm

Stop it, all of you, now I'm probably going to order an ultimate kabuki. Not like I need another brush. 8-)
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:23 pm

Cupcake wrote:I'm happy to be corrected on this, but for all my Ultimate brushes including the long handled flat top and the stubby round head kabuki, I wash them with running hand-hot water and a little KISS cleanser. It's perfectly gentle on our faces and removes makeup effortlessly, so it seemed logical to try it on brushes - for me, works as well as you'd want. I lay them on a towel to absorb the worst of the water, then lay them flat to dry overnight hanging over the edge of a shelf. Looks as good as the day I got them. My long handled flat top I've had for about a year now, still in perfect shape and never lost a bristle.
Yeah, this method works great for all of my synthetic brushes. I also do this for my animal hair brushes and they seem to hold up pretty well too. This is how I washed my previous powder brush from Prescriptives and that puppy lasted over 7 years!!! :o
tierra

Post by tierra » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:08 am

tee hee ... i started this thread, got busy for the weekend and it took on a life of its own! :lol:
for the record, i was enabled waaaay back at the beginning of the thread, already placed my order for the flat top. :mrgreen: i didnt like EDM's FTB, but sounds like i will love this one. of course, sounds like i need the round kabuki too, but that will have to wait a bit. ;) i do have xmas presents for OTHER people to buy too!
thanks all for the helpful info ...
Jessica

Post by Jessica » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:47 am

Thanks! I just remembered I have some foaming cleanser that my face hated. I could use that for my brush :D Do you massage the bristles or brush it all over your hand where the cleanser it, and do you rinse it?

I don't know about you guys, but I have a thing for sounds; Like the clip clop clop of heels on hard surfaces like tiles? I love that sound.

The kabuki brush when used makes this very faint subtle 'flicking against metal' sound when it's gently brushing against the inside/rim of the handle.. it's an amazing, lovely sound which is one of the reasons (not just the softness, though!) that makes me want to play with it every hour of the day!

(I probably sound so weird now LOL)
Babydoll

Post by Babydoll » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:27 pm

Jessica - I would be very careful washing your brushes with something that didn't do well on your face. I say that because if any residue is left on the brushes you will breakout. I always use the face cleaner that I am using at the moment, just to ensure that I don't have a reaction when I use my brushes....I rinse really well, but just in case!!
Ageha

Post by Ageha » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:29 pm

Would it be alright to use baby shampoo instead of a facial cleanser? It's supposed to be gentle so I would think it'd be gentle enough on the face if there was any residue left. I just wanted to make sure. xD
JenW

Post by JenW » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:39 pm

Baby shampoo will work, but you might notice a buildup over time. Baby shampoo has silicones in it that are not really compatible with synthetic hair. At least that has been my experience. What do you use to cleanse your face?
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com