FOTD's- Share your pics!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Annika

Re: FOTD's- Share your pics!

Post by Annika » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:50 am

A very simple FOTD to promote Zinnia. Posh and Chic on eyes, Bronze Beauty on cheeks and Zinnia on lips. Please disregard the lack of foundation, it's summer! :D
I am really happy that I got Posh and Chic; most browns turn either too red or too muddy/grey on me, but these are gorgeous golden browns that are very neutral and pretty. Chic is not that different from Sunlit Bark which I also have and love, but their finishes are different.
Zinnia is the perfect summer coral in my book and it lasts forever on my lips. Thank you Karen! :)
Attachments
Bild 2010-07-19 kl. 08.31 #3.jpg
Bild 2010-07-19 kl. 08.31 #3.jpg (24.33 KiB) Viewed 2864 times
1 Olive : 14 Ivory (original) + a smidge of Buttery Gold
Pomi

Post by Pomi » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:54 am

Beautiful FOTD Annika!
I love Posh and Chic on you.
JenK

Post by JenK » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:57 am

Annika,

Great look, very natural. Your skin looks PERFECT w/o foundation!!
Annika

Post by Annika » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:30 am

Thank you! I have never had good skin but it has become much much better since using MMU, especially SN, and also since I stopped using petrochemicals. No more mineral oils for me! I always use foundation to even out my skintone but can't be bothered now that I'm on vacation :)
superwahz

Post by superwahz » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:31 am

Wow, those colors do look great on you Annika! So natural, perfect for vacation. You look so fresh, summery, and relaxed!

And I agree with the others, your skin looks amazing!! Isn't it great what MMU combined with cutting out all the bleh chemicals can do for one's skin? :)
Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic. ~Rosalind Russell
superwahz

Post by superwahz » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:02 pm

Inspired by Annika on another thread, I decided to have a play with Legend today and ended up doing my whole face! Since I already had the camera out, I thought I'd post a pic here... (one day I'll remember to put photos side by side in GIMP before exporting them!)
ImageImage

Highbeam from lash line to crease, Sprite from crease to brow bone and inner tear duct highlight, Legend carefully blended through the crease and up. I have to use a well tapped brush when wearing Legend because it's so pigmented and a more heavy handed application is not the most flattering look! ;)

Highbeam melted in more than I wanted it to because I didn't take the time to foil it... Applied on it's own my skin eats it up! Same with Sprite, which is why you can't see it much. Palace is on my cheeks, SN brown mascara on my upper lashes, and I used Slate to define my brows since greys often do a better job of it than brow powders that tend to be too orange/brassy looking in the light. There's nothing on my lips but an SN lipbalm. My natural lips are so light you can see freckles in them! :lol: My foundation is a current experiment I'm about to post about in the foundation thread... :D
Annika

Post by Annika » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:04 am

You look stunning, natural and beautiful! Palace you say? I think I'm gonna have to get that one! It gives you such a natural flush, and I think our colorings are close enough that it might work for me too.
How similar are Sprite and Sonic?
Annika

Post by Annika » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:06 am

superwahz wrote:This is from yesterday. I decided to try Sizzle with Highbeam, turned out really pretty I think!
Here's my attempt at superwahz's look earlier in this thread. Highbeam and Sizzle, Satisfied as blush. Zinnia on lips.
ImageImage
ImageImage
superwahz

Post by superwahz » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:22 pm

Annika wrote:You look stunning, natural and beautiful! Palace you say? I think I'm gonna have to get that one! It gives you such a natural flush, and I think our colorings are close enough that it might work for me too.
How similar are Sprite and Sonic?
Aw, thank you! Yup, I think we are similar in coloring too, and I really think Palace will look gorgeous on you! Imagine Satisfied without the pink, that's what it looks like IMO. Very deep orange peach with a kiss of gold! Gotta use a fiber optic brush with it though, it's so richly pigmented.

Sprite looks white in the jar, but goes on with a yellow gold sheen. Sonic compared side by side with it looks a bit peachier. To me, Sonic looks like a lighter version of Highbeam, same tone. Can't get the nuances of it to show well in a photo though. :P

Love Highbeam and Sizzle on you!! So glad my FOTD inspired you to give it a go! :D
Annika

Post by Annika » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:03 pm

Thank you! Now that I look at the pictures I think I exaggerated the under-eye concealer a bit though! :lol: It doesn't look quite as white in real life though, but I think that I ought to have worn a proper layer of foundation to avoid the panda look. I don't really use foundation in the summer but have mixed up a... well, a little bit of everything. Tempt Tryst, Tinted Blur (love the blur effect, but it's too pink for me), what was left of my foundation mix, probably a couple more things that I have forgotten. It evens out my skin a bit but obviously doesn't give much coverage. In my attempts of simplifying my routine I created something that doesn't really do much for anything. :? I think that maybe with Unblush underneath.... which I don't have btw but I guess I'm going to have to get it after all the raving reviews.... or maybe I should just use foundation. :roll:

By the way, I am also wearing Golden Blonde brow powder, which I really like. I have previously worn gray brow powder which was good but not great, but [the other company's] blonde one didn't show up as more than a yellow line and the medium brown was way dark and reddish. SN Golden Blonde is great - not too dark but also not uselessly light, and it is warm without being orange.
I only have a sample so far but I'm definitely getting a full size.