FOTD's- Share your pics!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
superwahz

Re: FOTD's- Share your pics!

Post by superwahz » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:53 pm

Put makeup on to get a photo of Lola for JenK, so figured I'd post it here too!
Foundation gumball brushed on wet, lightly...brows are a mixture of colors.
Bristol from lashline to brow...my skin ate this color for lunch! Seriously, you can't even see it, it's wild.
Bailey from lashline to crease and in the crease--again, can't really see it!
Basalt tightlined along the upper lash line and smudged along the lower lashes--this became a disaster because my eyes were mad at me for trying dry shadow today, so were starting to tear and itch. I can't even begin to express how annoyed I am with them lately! Ugh.
Lush Lash mascara in Brown
Lola on my lips...no blush because I don't have one I thought would look great with it!

Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic. ~Rosalind Russell
ladycattat

Post by ladycattat » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:02 pm

that foundation really makes your skin glow! And your eyes look lovely...even if you feel the eyeshadow doesn't show.
Summer,2012
90 Medium
5 BG
5.5 yellow

HG: Sheer Zinc Powder
and Equalizer
E/S..Spellbound, Adorn, and Juiced,
Lips: Roxie,Kinetic, Fascinate, Glacier, Nice Tan

There cannot be a crisis until next week. My schedule is already full.
Henry Kissinger
superwahz

Post by superwahz » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:06 pm

Oh...and Christine, I think I was channeling you! Bristol and Bailey seem to vanish into your skin as well...very pretty, subtle eye look!
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:23 pm

superwahz wrote:Put makeup on to get a photo of Lola for JenK, so figured I'd post it here too!
Foundation gumball brushed on wet, lightly...brows are a mixture of colors.
Bristol from lashline to brow...my skin ate this color for lunch! Seriously, you can't even see it, it's wild.
Bailey from lashline to crease and in the crease--again, can't really see it!
Basalt tightlined along the upper lash line and smudged along the lower lashes--this became a disaster because my eyes were mad at me for trying dry shadow today, so were starting to tear and itch. I can't even begin to express how annoyed I am with them lately! Ugh.
Lush Lash mascara in Brown
Lola on my lips...no blush because I don't have one I thought would look great with it!

I LOVE this pic of you- your hair color is great, and i can see now why you love green- it's great on you. I had the same problem with bristol and bailey kind of disappearing on me. I put down homecoming queen to try them though so maybe i wasn't really fair. lol.
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
superwahz

Post by superwahz » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:19 pm

Xarata wrote:I LOVE this pic of you- your hair color is great, and i can see now why you love green- it's great on you. I had the same problem with bristol and bailey kind of disappearing on me. I put down homecoming queen to try them though so maybe i wasn't really fair. lol.
Thanks Sam! Like the new color, eh? In about a week it'll be pretty much my exact color...just a few more washes to lighten it up slightly! I <3 green so much, I can't even wear straight blue---always put it down for teal! :P I tried the others out instead of using Homecoming Queen too...think we're a little biased? :lol: Bristol and Bailey are great though, the finish is beautiful, I think they will be useful bases to build other colors on. I always take it as a good sign when an eyeshadow melds into the skin, it means you've got the tone and everything right! :D
zooeyblue

Post by zooeyblue » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:20 pm

Tiara--That foundation looks so wonderful on you! I agree with Samantha--love the hair. :D
~Tracy~
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:50 pm

Ooh, I like Berwick! Cute looks, both of you!
ChristineLynnP

Post by ChristineLynnP » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:37 pm

superwahz wrote:Oh...and Christine, I think I was channeling you! Bristol and Bailey seem to vanish into your skin as well...very pretty, subtle eye look!
They do, they really do. I was hoping they wouldn't. Subtle can be nice, but I prefer more colorful, fun looks.
Check us out on etsy: www.titanweave.etsy.com
Cheece

Post by Cheece » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:06 am

Laurie, Tiara, Christine...those looks are lovely! I can see the new suede colours going into my cart much sooner than I thought they would be, lol. I got Regent today and it looks just gorgeous, I'll definitely have to pick up the more neutral ones too.

This was for my trip to the Post Office to pick up my latest SN order. I had today off, so it was my only excuse for putting on make up, lol.

I tried something new with my foundation today, and took my pics straight after. I look a bit dry in the photo's, but it ended up melding not badly at all. And it was super bright outside, I didn't realise until after I had uploaded the pics, oh well. I curled my lashes before mascara this time, and I think it helped. It also helped it wasn't that hideous Estee Lauder one, it makes me feel like I've got dried spiders legs stuck to my eyelids. Attractive huh.

Eyes: SN Eye Primer
Brightside (gwp) all over lid
Luxe in crease
Homecoming queen as highlight and to blend out
Maybelline pen-style eyeliner, attempt at tight-lining
Maybelline Full N Soft Mascara

Lips: SN XXX blotted with clear black label over the top.

lilychemgirl

Post by lilychemgirl » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:53 pm

Gorgeous looks Everyone. Cheece, you are so cute! Tiara, I am loving the hair, and the new foundation really suits you, you are looking so gorgeous in recent pics :) I am really tempted by Lola, but I just find that I don't wear liquid lip colours that much, I am lazy, lol and it is easier to swipe on a tube gloss.
Mineral makeup addict, Mama to three amazing girls, loving wife to Tom ♥