I lost my 2 furbabies today

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
ladycattat

I lost my 2 furbabies today

Post by ladycattat » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:28 am

My 12 year old kitties, Lucy and DJ have been acting *wrong* for a couple of weeks,(defacating NOT in the litterbox, not eating, not drinking, lethargic, just bad.....and they had also gotten a horrible case a fleas due to a visiting friend's pooch!
So DH and I took them to the vet today.....she did some tests, turns out they both have FIP(google it, I'm too tired to explain) and it's pretty fatal, and vet says with the way they are acting, and especially with the flea problem, they are really not having the best quality of life life right now, and we should consider putting them down.
Dammit-I had to do this last November with their littermate, Chevy. How much more of a grown-up do I have to be? So we cried and cried and stayed in there while the vet gave them each the injection. And now they are gone. And I used to have 3 kitties. And now I have none and I am so, so, so sad.
Laurie
Summer,2012
90 Medium
5 BG
5.5 yellow

HG: Sheer Zinc Powder
and Equalizer
E/S..Spellbound, Adorn, and Juiced,
Lips: Roxie,Kinetic, Fascinate, Glacier, Nice Tan

There cannot be a crisis until next week. My schedule is already full.
Henry Kissinger
kitten1711

Re: I lost my 2 furbabies today

Post by kitten1711 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:37 am

Laurie, I know how devastated you both must be feeling & nothing anyone can say will change that, but I wanted to say **something**.....

I can only imagine what a difficult decision you had to make - I have an 11 year old cat who follows me everywhere (I work from home, she is sitting on a cushion on my desk as I type) and I couldn't envisage life without her; but if she was unwell, suffering and had no chance of recovery I would hope that I could find the strength to be brave enough to make the same unselfish choice you did. FIP sounds absolutely awful (I'd never heard of it before now) and I'm sure if they could Lucy & DJ would have thanked you for your compassion and kindness.

Sending you biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig hugs from rainy Manchester.

Txxxxx
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:02 am

I'm so sorry for the loss of your furbabies- they really are family. You were brave and kept them from terrible pain and i'm sure they were trully loved for 12 years. You never forget a furbaby and you never stop loving them, but know that you did what was best for them
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
pinkpomelo

Post by pinkpomelo » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:08 am

I felt so sad reading about your loss. At least while they were around, they were loved and cherished... you had such a tough call to make, and you're so brave for making it!
faithtoh.blogspot.com
Currently foundation formula: 1 Warm Gold + 1 Ebony + 5 Heavy Ivory
Oil Control Blur Finishing Powder
Pristine Perfecting Powder or Date Bait
mgmsrk

Post by mgmsrk » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:22 am

I’m so sorry to hear about your babies. It’s horrible to lose a pet but to have to lose 2 at the same time is hard to contemplate. I wish you all the best on healing.
"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we are taught." (Baba Dioum)

www.Maryah-CBPP.com
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:59 am

Big hugs Laurie. So sad, so so so sad. I'm sure they had the best 12 years a cat could hope for, and in the end you were there for them, and made the right decision. I can't imagine losing 2 in one day- I hope your heart heals quickly.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
JenW

Post by JenW » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:28 am

You are a good kitty Momma. I am sorry you are sad and missing them, but you did right by them. You loved them until the end and took responsibility until then.
Hugs!
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
rubycat95

Post by rubycat95 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:04 am

Laurie, I am so sorry for the loss of your kitties. I send you all my good thoughts and hope that you know in your heart that you did the right thing for them. Big (((((HUGS)))))
lcash

Post by lcash » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:02 pm

I understand and share your pain, Laurie. Your cats had a wonderful life with a very loving owner, who took the initiative to end their suffering. They were fortunate to have you as their mom.
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:41 pm

Oh, Laurie, I'm so sorry to hear that :( I feel your pain, I don't know how I would cope if I lost my little pug... You did the right thing, and I hope you feel better soon, and open your heart and home to a new little one(s).