Let's Talk about Spring!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
karen
Site Admin

Let's Talk about Spring!

Post by karen » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:10 am

The sun is shining, and the birds are chirping...it's time to talk about Spring! I've been following the Wish List threads pretty closely, but I thought I'd make a formal thread.

So, what would you like to see for Spring? Oh, and if we brought back a few of the older GWP shadows what ones would you like to see? I can't make any promises about anything, but cloning a few from the last round wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

What are you lemming? What are you day dreaming about?
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
nfig

Re: Let's Talk about Spring!

Post by nfig » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:30 am

How fun! I would love to see more light pink or lilac colored lippies! I've also been hearing great things about the toner concentrates to bringing them permanently to the line would be great. Larger sizes of the masks would be cool too. I know whatever you decide make will be great, though!
ErinL

Post by ErinL » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am

Oooo! I have been dreaming about more lip colors, especially maybe a lighter pink (like Pout maybe?)--springy with sparkle or shimmer, in the Black Label formula. And just more lip colors all around, because--heaven knows, I don't have enough. (*cough cough*) :lol:
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:56 am

I would love to see fun lip colors such as:
-a fuchsia with a blue iridescence (saw a color like this in an ad somewhere and it was gorgeous!)
-a purple color, I keep seeing purples everywhere in spring makeup
Also, I'd love to see some light colors, like pastels, lighter than Bloom:
-a light lavender
-a baby pink
-a pale peach

EDIT: I should add that I'd like the lippies to be more opaque than sheer, so the color shows up on my lips more.
Last edited by Oxana124 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:57 am

i would love to see the pHbalancing toner come back as the hot weather settles in (i don't know about up there, but my fish tank read 83F degrees at 9am) Definitely some fun girly pinks- still lemming pin-up girl red lips, and i know many would like to see the return of Rhonda. In purples, i would love some more lilac/lavender shades as i have trouble wearing the grapier and pinker ones (i still wear them occassionally but not nearly as often, because i have to be really careful with them) and the release of the cream concealers- preferrably with the addition of some color correcting ones. you know...just a FEW things...lol

ETA: Obviously I'm crazy about peaches, i think that goes without saying (sassy, highbeam, all the pinky gold lippies...). I would love a lovelace lippie(more on the opaque side preferrably but would also buy as a sheer gloss) and a burnt apricot blush.

oh- just throwing this out their in lala wish land, but i would love bath fizzys, i stocked up on sarafina's when they closed their doors and ration them out carefully, but i also recently bought a pound of dead sea salts infused with lavender oils/buds and found myself in nirvana. I know baths kind of dwindle in warm weather so maybe this can go into the fall pile?
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
cait

Post by cait » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:12 am

Hi Karen!

I've been desperately wanting a good dupe of Chanel Coco Rouge l/s #22 Paris, or the l/s Sandra Bullock wore to the Oscars.

Also, this lp color:

IDK what you'd call it? Magenta? Fuchsia? Hot Pink?

And maybe a dupe for NARS Cream Blush in Penny Lane.

That is all :D
la_canadiense(01)

Post by la_canadiense(01) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:36 am

ohhhh! fun ideas!!
I would love the toner concentrates. I am using them mixed with aloe juice to set my makeup, and to bring with me to work for freshening up the face. I love how they both smelled!! And I love how small and cute they were!

hmmmm....I also love the ideas of purple/lavender pink lippies.
not sure what else...I am sure I will think of more things when I get home and look though my makeup!

Was EDM Buff Perfect. Currently, 1:8 Original Ivory, Warm Gold. !!! Loving SN :)
LT16

Post by LT16 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:58 pm

I'd love a sheer color like this Essence XXXL Shine in Super Girl. The color is actually deeper in person by the way.

I am impatiently anticipating Revlon's new release of these beautiful colors in May but in the meantime I'd love to see if you could dupe these colors and preferably no shimmer since the shimmer kind of makes the lip gloss a bit drying for me.
Attachments
Essence Super Girl
Essence Super Girl
IMG_0050.jpg (34.08 KiB) Viewed 4688 times
Essence
Essence
IMG_0049.jpg (463.74 KiB) Viewed 4688 times
Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Glosses
Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Glosses
lg.jpg (45.82 KiB) Viewed 4688 times
shortcake

Post by shortcake » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:06 pm

I would loooove to see a pale pink and pale peach lip color! And a pale peachy/pink. :) (Think MAC's Florabundance, Ember Glow, Underage, Prrr Lipglasses!)
Silverfern

Post by Silverfern » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:14 pm

Spring? What is this "Spring" you speak of? It's now 91 degrees in New Jersey so it's Summer! haha