Let's chat about lipgloss...

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
karen
Site Admin

Let's chat about lipgloss...

Post by karen » Mon May 17, 2010 8:18 pm

What would you like in your hands down HG lippie? Start from scratch- do you want a liquid, or a tube- do you want it sweet, or flavored? What colors would you like? How glossy do you want it? What would the texture feel like? How long should it last on your lips before you consider it long lasting? Oh, and the plumping- I'm torn on using it. The plumper that we use is natural, doesn't sting, and it's actually really good for you- it has about the anti-oxidant power of Vitamin C (whic I've never gotten to really work in a lippie without stinging). Would you absolutely refuse to use a plumping product?

I'm at a bit of a crossroads with the new formula and suffering from a bit of choice paralysis. I know what you may love may not be someone else's HG- but let's daydream and chat.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
feyith

Re: Let's chat about lipgloss...

Post by feyith » Mon May 17, 2010 8:38 pm

Hi Karen,

Thank you so much for wanting our input! You are the coolest person ever!

Liquid or tube?
As of the current formats, I prefer the little Kisser Slicker tubes simply for convenience and messy factor. I can apply tube lipsticks without a mirror and it's not going to explode in my pocket or spill on the counter and doesn't get all over my face and teeth; whereas me + wands = disaster. Maybe it's just me being challenged. I do love the healthy, shiny, finish/look of liquid glosses - would it be possible to have the packaging in a squeeze tube like this? http://www.maybelline.com/Product/Lip/L ... -gloss.htm

Sweet or flavored?
I think a generic, nice smelling/slightly sweet (like it is currently) would work better for more people than any particular flavors, yes?

What colors would you like?
I'm really bad at describing colors. Can I just tell you my reissue wish list? :lol: My Pretty, Winter Rose and a Bare Minerals color called Dolly.

Would you absolutely refuse to use a plumping product?
No, I would totally still buy it for the colors! Go for it! :D
Silverfern

Post by Silverfern » Mon May 17, 2010 8:40 pm

Thanks for asking :) Here are my answers.

"What would you like in your hands down HG lippie? Start from scratch- do you want a liquid, or a tube- "

I would like a tube. But a wand ain't the worse thing either.

"do you want it sweet, or flavored? "

Whatever the current flavor of Cultured is, is perfect.

"What colors would you like?"

That baby pink is still out there calling to me somewhere. Like that Lady Gaga pink. (I know it's for charity...doesn't mean I don't want a SN version ;P) And an orange lip gloss or stick. Straight up orange.

"How glossy do you want it?"

Not very much. I don't like glitter/shimmer/glossy lip-stuff. Cultured and Mirage are perfect examples. Matte is where its at.

"What would the texture feel like?"

I really like the current texture of all your lip products. aka not sticky.

"How long should it last on your lips before you consider it long lasting?"

5 hours. Cultured lasts...maybe 3. Not bad, I'd say.

"Oh, and the plumping- I'm torn on using it. The plumper that we use is natural, doesn't sting, and it's actually really good for you- it has about the anti-oxidant power of Vitamin C (whic I've never gotten to really work in a lippie without stinging). Would you absolutely refuse to use a plumping product? "

As long as it doesn't bother my lips, I don't care if it's plumping or not. I've never noticed plumping in the plumpers I've used anyway. (I've never used SN plumping lip stuff tho) I like the sound of "really good for you". I'd just make sure it's advertised that it doesn't sting.

"I'm at a bit of a crossroads with the new formula and suffering from a bit of choice paralysis. I know what you may love may not be someone else's HG- but let's daydream and chat."

For me, I'll buy anything with the word "matte" in it, sight unseen. If it's a of bit lighter, even better. If it's pink, I'm buying 2.

You rock.
StargirlDi

Post by StargirlDi » Mon May 17, 2010 8:51 pm

I've shied away from anything plumping because I am very sensitive to it. I'd probably prefer without.

I'll keep thinking on the other points!
cait

Post by cait » Mon May 17, 2010 8:55 pm

Silverfern said pretty much everything I'd say. I prefer tubes, matte, less smell. Long lasting for me is getting to lunchtime. Colors are pretty subjective, but I'd like to see some neutral berry colors and deep reds and wines. Bolder the better for me.

I never tried the plumping GWP, but I do have a Buxom plumping l/g (in Dolly, love it too Emma!) and I'd love to try your formula, but in general I usually grab my plain ol' lipsticks.
buscardelalma

Post by buscardelalma » Mon May 17, 2010 9:04 pm

I think you are awesome Karen for asking what we prefer! 8-)

To be honest I love the thickness of your current lipglosses. I think it would be nice to have some flavor and a yummy smell ;) .
I would REALLY appreciate it if you made a brown lipgloss w/o carmine, Please! OOH also color that are like your D/C lippies-Rhonda, and Bon-bon they look so pretty! I truly like the current lipglosses shine, but a matte option would be nice. I think a few hours is good staying power, and I would LOVE some plumping action! Karen, Thanks for your consideration :D -Rose
ETA I would also love some spf/sunscreen!!!
4wheel

Post by 4wheel » Mon May 17, 2010 9:13 pm

OMG, sweet, flavored and YES I need all the help to plump my chicken lips...lol ...and I love both tube or wand... I'm not to fussy about that. And staying power...hummmmm a good two hours or more would be nice. And I love cool to neutral (cool browns) colors. Karen thanks for asking your a true helper of of us ladies and our quest for great MU and skin care. Blessings to you!! :) :)
BE the Light - Shimmer and Shine!
alyce

Post by alyce » Mon May 17, 2010 9:57 pm

I really would like something that lasts longer. I do love the small tubes because it is so easy to put on.
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Mon May 17, 2010 10:12 pm

karen wrote:
I'm at a bit of a crossroads with the new formula and suffering from a bit of choice paralysis. I know what you may love may not be someone else's HG- but let's daydream and chat.
well i'm a lippie 'ho, but ideally...
What would you like in your hands down HG lippie? Start from scratch- do you want a liquid, or a tube- do you want it sweet, or flavored?
i prefer tubes or stains, but not liquid glosses and i like them at least a little sweet. My favorite lippies are peppermint (i know not everyone likes peppermint, but this is MY perfect gloss here. lol)
What colors would you like?
Since I can wear them all, I buy them all, but I'm addicted to peachy colors whether they're actually peach or pink and gold (precious, gold blush, etc.) and you know me, i love a great red lippie (platinum red, bombshell, casual red, etc.) I'd still love one that's more of a red wine color. If it's opaque or super pigmented (like a red or a color that lightens the lips) i want it to last a good 3-4 hours. Platinum red would last 6 hours on me and i thought that was awesome.
How glossy do you want it?
I don't want it glass glossy- it doesn't look natural, never stays that way without being sticky (even if it's not "sticky", if my hair is down, it inevitably ends up "in" the gloss), and imo it's a little bit teeny bopper (picture mirror finish lips and a finger twirling gum)
What would the texture feel like?
My favorite texture is the smooth and full lippie followed by the regular kisser slickers. Honestly though, as long as my lips don't stick together or feel tacky or go super dry, the texture isn't super important. I like chapstick/lipbalm textures. I do love stains just because they don't fade and i can top them with any lipbalm (texture/flavor) or gloss(finish) that i want.
How long should it last on your lips before you consider it long lasting?
I don't want my look to fade as soon as i step out of the house and i'd really love for it to stand up to a single kiss on the cheek. i consider 3 hours pretty good, but with something like a red, it's really important to me that it doesn't rub off (i wore red lipstick to work one day, and bit into a super large sandwich. My lip curled and smeared lipstick across my chin. luckily someone told me before it had been there too long, but it was still unpleasant/embarrassing and since it was red, it was hard to get completely off.Now in all fairness, i knew if i really wanted my color to last i shouldn't eat or drink anything, but i was thinking of fading, not smearing)
Oh, and the plumping- I'm torn on using it. The plumper that we use is natural, doesn't sting, and it's actually really good for you- it has about the anti-oxidant power of Vitamin C (whic I've never gotten to really work in a lippie without stinging). Would you absolutely refuse to use a plumping product?
I really don't care if my lippies plump or not. throwing in a collagen building product into the lippies that has a cumulative effect of fullness over time/use without "instant" results might be kind of cool, but i've tried a lot of plumpers and if i cared that much i'd use them everyday- i've tried ones that work, they usually sting at least a little if they do any plumping worthwhile which i don't mind, but the cumulative ones work kind of like smooth and full with an effect that is more lasting the more regularly and longer you use them. Basically- i'll use the lippie whether it plumps or not.
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Mon May 17, 2010 10:34 pm

Thank you for asking our input Karen :)

I would prefer a tube, the skinny tubes that you have now are perfect.

Normally I love a minty tingle in a gloss, but now that hubby and I are trying to have a baby I have learned that peppermint oil is a no no. Also, the doctor said absolutely no artificial sweeteners, so no flavor, but if it had to have a flavor maybe something natural like honey.

I like a little bit of a glossy shine to it, kind of how most of the lippies are now. I especially like the almost lipstick ones because they give good color payoff yet still feel like a balm.

Not sure on the long lasting thing, from my experience the longer lasting lip products usually sacrifice something like moisture, so I don't mind re-applying because the lippies are so nice and moisturizing it feels good to put them on.

I'm not sure about the plumping thing since I have not tried it, but I am definitely not against it.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com