Quick Q - White Choc Macadamia Lip Balm

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Cupcake

Quick Q - White Choc Macadamia Lip Balm

Post by Cupcake » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:12 am

Is it out of stock? I can't find it on the site. Hope it's coming back, it's my favourite flavour so far. Thanks in advance for info...
Colleen

Re: Quick Q - White Choc Macadamia Lip Balm

Post by Colleen » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:28 pm

I was thinking of ordering it yesterday and it was gone. I didn't get a chance to try it. I hope it comes back.
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:45 pm

Aye, not the end of the world if it's gone. I liked the Southern Praline... what little chance I had to sniff it before it was thieved ;) Gotta go a long way to beat Devil's Food Cake Black label, too. Would like the WC&M balm though, have used it daily since it launched and it's barely now getting to the end and I'm hooked on that taste.

(If you think how long they've been available, one balm lasting that long is serious value for money, eh!)
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:16 pm

I disappeared it for Summer, but I'm back to thinking about Holiday and the balms again. Cupcake- your ideas can keep me busy for an eternity! We had reports of the older balm formula getting a little melty, but it was very popular. Then there's the new balm formula...nice and heat proof. I'm just a shameless lippie ho so I can't decide.

Anyone have any thoughts? Ideally I'd like to just have one formula and stick to it, but on the other hand, if they're both popular then...
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:24 pm

Thanks for the answer :)

I don't know about melting... I live in a soggy climate where anything about 15*C and people strip off with heatstroke and wander about with string vests and knotted hankies on their heads. (very british thing, that). I do know that any lip balm that vaguely resembles the taste of pudding will be a winner 8-)

Haven't tried the newest formula. The most recent one I own is the Tahitian Vanilla gumball formula. Liked that for heavy-duty winter weather-proofing texture. The original lip lube formula I mildly disliked at first - felt a bit castor-oily, but I've grown accustomed to it because of how much I like the WC&M flavour. Flavours could be stronger, by the way. Any natural, nourishing formula from SN is fine with me. I trust this place for the ingredients. The addictive flavours are a real bonus. Anything that keeps me away from chapsticks is fine with me. Fine tuning and fussiness would just be gilding the lily!
superwahz

Post by superwahz » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:35 pm

karen wrote:Anyone have any thoughts? Ideally I'd like to just have one formula and stick to it, but on the other hand, if they're both popular then...
I kinda like the slight melty texture of the old lip lube formula, made it easier to slick a bunch on and crawl into bed! But, I do like the more matte, heavy texture of the newer lip balms, I think they will be very handy out in the weather come winter! So....I guess what I'm saying is...I like both?? :D I know, not much help! :roll:

Maybe we can marry the two! :lol: Oh, and while we are talking Holiday lip balms...can we have a cinnamon one? Like, Red Hots flavored? :D I know cinnamon oil can be an irritant for some skin, but maybe there's some sort of natural flavoring you can use that tastes good, doesn't give everyone a rash, and still gives that cinnamon fix! Or, well, at least I can dream of one! ;) Of course, I'd be just as happy with Spearmint!
Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic. ~Rosalind Russell
aud

Post by aud » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:34 am

I'm fine with both formulas, but I much prefer the 1st (had the Hot Choc Lip Lube which I finished in record time!).
It is slightly melty but I find it somehow more moisturising so. I like the slight gloss it gives as well.
For the TVanilla gumball, it's more of a night application for me when I want something non-glossy and slightly longer lasting, which I rotate with my Smooth & Full & Devil's Food Cake :D
Current SN foundation mix: 4 Buttery Gold: 2 Yellow Boosters: 21 Medium Ivory: 8 Original Ivory: 3 Glow
Favourite SN lippies (currently): Darling, Barcelona (Gumball), Menage
Favourite SN blushers: Carnal, Satisfied
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:08 am

karen wrote:I disappeared it for Summer, but I'm back to thinking about Holiday and the balms again. Cupcake- your ideas can keep me busy for an eternity! We had reports of the older balm formula getting a little melty, but it was very popular. Then there's the new balm formula...nice and heat proof. I'm just a shameless lippie ho so I can't decide.

Anyone have any thoughts? Ideally I'd like to just have one formula and stick to it, but on the other hand, if they're both popular then...
Old formula, all the way. Loved green apple and southern praline but I really want to try the hot chocolate flavor next. and what I wouldn't give for a marshmallow flavored one. Or banana. Or pina colada, heavy on the coconut.
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:09 am

superwahz wrote:
karen wrote:Anyone have any thoughts? Ideally I'd like to just have one formula and stick to it, but on the other hand, if they're both popular then...

Maybe we can marry the two! :lol: Oh, and while we are talking Holiday lip balms...can we have a cinnamon one? Like, Red Hots flavored? :D I know cinnamon oil can be an irritant for some skin, but maybe there's some sort of natural flavoring you can use that tastes good, doesn't give everyone a rash, and still gives that cinnamon fix! Or, well, at least I can dream of one! ;) Of course, I'd be just as happy with Spearmint!
actually I would really like to see a real cinnamon flavor, not red hot, like sweet cinnamon. Like a cinnabon!
Cheece

Post by Cheece » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:00 am

I like the new formula better, I keep my balms in my pockets at work (the other day I pulled 4, yes 4 lip products out of my pocket - tahitian vanilla (new formula), wild berry (old formula), st tropez & Precious!). I find that the older formula feels a bit too smushy for my liking, and I often feel like it's applying too much. I do like both though!