Fall collection is up!!!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
karen
Site Admin

Fall collection is up!!!

Post by karen » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:06 am

As usual, I'm sneaking a new collection onto the site in the middle of the night. I never quite know when everything will be done and ready to go- and today was that day!

This year, we did a lot of IOU's and brought back some of your favorites. I stumbled upon the recipe for Winter Rose in an old notebook- and that started the whole lippie trend. Lola is a clone- it took days, but I got it as close as I could. And yes, the pie chart worked...Seedy is back in all of it's "just a little more blue" splendor. Looking at it today- there is that extra special something about that color that makes it unique.

There's also a new gumball foundation blend- this one is made to be applied wet, and maybe be a little friendlier to dry skin. The shadows are all based around the idea of the color Earth- so matte, but with a kick. I'm calling it a suede finish. In the listings I'm trying a little something new with the descriptions with an eye towards moving them all in that direction. I hope it's helpful, and please let me know if you like it or not (I fear it may be confusing in the beginning, but I'd love to have those attributes so that eventually you can sort by them without cluttering up the site with a lot of the same color in a lot of different categories).

Thank you all for taking the time to come on here, and ask for items. You really do shape the direction of the collections, and it's super fun for me to create the products you dream up.

Edited to add: The edible gold leaf I ordered for Colors for a Cure is back ordered- so they're not on the site yet. I'm told it will be a few weeks before it gets here.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Toby

Re: Fall collection is up!!!

Post by Toby » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:11 am

Karen, these are all so lovely! Definitely looking forward to getting my hot little hands on these.

However, I can't seem to find what formula the lippies are in... I know they have the ingredients & I can compare, but they don't have them in the actual titles or anything.

(I love all the additional information on finish, colour family, etc. that you've added in, btw! That is immensely helpful! :))
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:14 am

*Squee*
Ah, now for prioritizing them into smaller orders to keep my cravings sated. lol. I might not have that kind of restraint this go round...

eta:
ok so i showed a teensy little bit of restraint. I'm saving inverness, lola, and the skincare for when the gwp changes. But the rest i have to have now.
Last edited by Xarata on Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:21 am

Good point! Jen's asleep because she's the responsible grown up...she's the one who normally points that stuff out to me. I just went in and added it!

I'm glad you're happy Sam!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
kookith

Post by kookith » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:21 am

OH MY GOD KAREN I LOVE YOU!!!

Nail drying drops!!!
Cuticle Balm!!!
All those highlight colours!!
Avocado Butter!!!
Everything!!!!

Gahhhhhhhh... Should I get them now, or after I return from my honeymoon? I don't know what to do!!
Who says a chick can't love make up and World of Warcraft at the same time? :D

http://kookith.wordpress.com/
http://megsmakeup.com/aff/11035/4
Toby

Post by Toby » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:21 am

New cream concealers! Bailey! Berwick! AUTUMN EMBER! So much pretty! :D

I'm really excited about the polish drying drops, too. I missed them when they were a gumball awhile back, & I am TERRIBLE with nail polish because I have absolutely NO patience to wait for them to dry. :D

Excited to hear that there WILL be a Colours for a Cure, too.... I've been wondering about that for a couple of weeks now. :oops: I just got into SN late Oct. of last year, so I didn't order last year's. :(

ETA: Thanks for adding that information in, Karen!

kookith, get them all now & wear them on your honeymoon! :D
feyith

Post by feyith » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:24 am

Yes!!! I love you, Karen! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I am having a bad day, so this made me feel a little better.

Just one question: are these going to be around for a limited period of time? I'm wondering if I should use up my backup Winter Rose before ordering a dozen more and Lola. :lol:
kookith

Post by kookith » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:25 am

LOL I don't think I have time for makeup while I'm traisping around Europe. I was planning on bringing along 3-4 colours that I've pressed, and hope I turn out un-grumpy in photos (lack of sleep). Oh! I saved all the SN sample bottles, so I'll be bringing those cute little things with me. :D
Who says a chick can't love make up and World of Warcraft at the same time? :D

http://kookith.wordpress.com/
http://megsmakeup.com/aff/11035/4
feyith

Post by feyith » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:27 am

Ooh, good luck with the wedding and have lots of fun on your honeymoon!
Toby

Post by Toby » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:29 am

Have fun in Europe! :D Where are you planning on going?

I also love that these colours are based around Earth....... makes me even more excited about the colours. :D

Karen, I still have a $5 voucher from the Guess the Weight contest. If I use that on a $10 order (so it comes out to $5), do I still get the GWP?