zooeyblue is so smart! =D

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
feyith

zooeyblue is so smart! =D

Post by feyith » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:17 am

I just got some lip samples in the mail from Tracy and you know what she did? She fold wrapped each one in a little piece of wax paper and then put it into the sample baggies. I have never thought to do it that way before. Usually I just moosh it into the bags and then have to dig it out with a Q-tip or toothpick or put it on with a brush or something. This way I can just pick up the little piece of paper and use it and half the sample doesn't get wasted (either absorbed into the Q-tip or stuck to the sides of the bags). Would it be possible to do the little freebie samples this way? It seems to keep them moister too.
zooeyblue

Re: zooeyblue is so smart! =D

Post by zooeyblue » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:11 am

What a cool post to wake up to this morning! :D However, I cannot take credit for this brilliance. Tiara (superwahz) sent me samples done the same way, except she used parchment paper. I started doing mine with what I had on hand---wax paper. Tiara is the smarty-pants! :lol:
~Tracy~
superwahz

Post by superwahz » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:25 pm

zooeyblue wrote:What a cool post to wake up to this morning! :D However, I cannot take credit for this brilliance. Tiara (superwahz) sent me samples done the same way, except she used parchment paper. I started doing mine with what I had on hand---wax paper. Tiara is the smarty-pants! :lol:
:lol: Um....yes, that is my signature sample style! Through swapping I've been able to try all sorts of approaches to lippie samples--foil, saran wrap, pods, baggies, q-tips, etc... Each presented their own challenge. So...I decided to use parchment paper since I have a ton of baking paper around! I cut it into a square, put a slice of lippie in the center, and fold it in half, then half again. The lippie stays nestled nicely inside, making it easy to use the whole sample when you get it! :D It was my solution to fixing the problem of lippies drying out when on the q-tips which I find alters their color/texture a bit.

Tracy (zooeyblue) used wax paper and that works great too! I noticed in the summer months the wax melts into the inside of the baggie a little, but that doesn't effect the lippie in any way... And best of all, whether parchment/baking paper or wax paper, the samples keep for months sealed in their little baggies and don't dry out---even lip gloss! :D
Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic. ~Rosalind Russell
feyith

Post by feyith » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:14 pm

You are both smartypantses! :lol:

I don't think I have ever seen parchment paper before. What is it?
extemter

parchment paper vs. wax paper

Post by extemter » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:40 pm

Parchment paper is silicone-coated or silicone-treated paper. It doesn't smoke in the oven like wax paper does.

Sources: wikipedia and chowhound
superwahz

Post by superwahz » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:01 pm

Baking paper/parchment paper---http://www.amazon.com/Beyond-Gourmet-Un ... 152&sr=8-1

It is VERY useful in baking. I worked in a kitchen for years and we did so much baking, this stuff was invaluable for making pans easier to clean up. Cookies, cakes, etc...all come off of it with ease, no residue on your food, IMO way better than using non stick pans or having to grease and flour a cake pan. Precut sheets are easier to work with, but the roll is easier to store in a home kitchen. You can buy it in the grocery store where they sell aluminium foil! :D
Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic. ~Rosalind Russell