Alternative to Korres #52 Lipstick?

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
veronica

Alternative to Korres #52 Lipstick?

Post by veronica » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:56 pm

Hey guys,

I have misplaced my beloved Korres #52 Orange Red lipstick. It's sort of my "chameleon" red; perfect for blending with other shades; goes easily from day to night, seasonless...doesn't have that "lipstick" feel...sigh.

Now that I'm on the path of addiction with Silk Naturals, I was wondering if someone could help me find a good dupe? Do you ladies think Temptation or Verve would work? I'm usually fine with a bit of shimmer, but in this case...less is more!

The only place I can find a swatch is on Temptalia. If I hadn't misplaced my Korres, I would personally swatch it on my skin to show you guys what sort of color I want. I'd say it reads the tiniest bit more red on me than it does her.

http://www.temptalia.com/the-summer-sea ... d-lipstick

I guess if I end up finding it soon...my excuse is that a gal can never have enough lipstick! Besides; I'd rather give Silk Naturals my support if I can.

Thanks!!!
extemter

Peachy Keen

Post by extemter » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:12 am

To me, Peachy Keen looks like the closest to Temptalia's swatches of Korres #52 Orange Red lipstick.

Peachy Keen, Verve, Temptation
ImageImageImage

JenW

Re: Alternative to Korres #52 Lipstick?

Post by JenW » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:44 am

Peachy Keen is very sheer. I would go with Verve.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
veronica

Post by veronica » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:38 am

I actually ended up finding my Korres this morning, and I think Verve is exactly what I'm looking for. I'm thinking the swatch on Temptalia could be from the older packaging (not sure if that formula was different), because #52 is slightly more red to my eye and not nearly as sheer as her swatch. Peachy Keen is lovely, but it looks a bit closer to the Korres Coral gloss lipstick.

At any rate, I'm glad I have found alternatives for both here. Thanks so much, ladies!
frckls

Post by frckls » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:02 am

Can anyone confirm if Verve is similar to Korres #52 and Peachy Keen is to #45?? Am curious!! Thanks! :D
frckls

Post by frckls » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:02 am

Can anyone confirm if Verve is similar to Korres #52 and Peachy Keen is to #45?? Am curious!! Thanks! :D