Super Serum and Self Tanner

jandi

Super Serum and Self Tanner

Post by jandi » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:38 pm

Hi,

I am trying to add color to my pasty white skin by using a moisturizer with self tanner and SPF (I missed out on the SN one, so I am currently using a different brand).

My regular skincare routine includes the super serum, but since I started the self tanner, I have skipped it since I am not sure how they would interact. How long should I wait between applying the super serum and my moisturizer with the DHA in the self tanner, as well as the sunscreen ingredients (active ingredients OCTINOXATE 6.0%, OXYBENZONE 2.0%)
JenW

Re: Super Serum and Self Tanner

Post by JenW » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:14 pm

I am not sure on the reaction of the two, but Super Serum is formulated to lighten dark spots, so I am not sure the two will work together very well.

Karen will probably have to answer this one for a full answer.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Autumn

Post by Autumn » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:53 pm

PBI...on the subject of the Super Serum lightening areas.

What type of marks would this help?

I currently use some SN skincare and love it. The Vitamin C serum, Awesome sauce, AHA toner, cleansing oil.

Do you think this is worth a try on brownish stains? I had my spider veins injected (schlerotherapy) last summer. Some veins disappeared but I still have "stains" or marks left behind. I do not tan.

I am willing to try almost anything.
JenW

Post by JenW » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:41 pm

Autumn wrote:PBI...on the subject of the Super Serum lightening areas.

I currently use some SN skincare and love it. The Vitamin C serum, Awesome sauce, AHA toner, cleansing oil.

Do you think this is worth a try on brownish stains? I had my spider veins injected (schlerotherapy) last summer. Some veins disappeared but I still have "stains" or marks left behind. I do not tan.

It might if they are surface pigmentation. If they are more deep in the skin, I am not sure it would work.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Autumn

Post by Autumn » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:50 pm

JenW wrote:
Autumn wrote:PBI...on the subject of the Super Serum lightening areas.

It might if they are surface pigmentation. If they are more deep in the skin, I am not sure it would work.
You know it would be worth a try. Thanks!