Let's chat about lipgloss...

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
lwoodall10

Re: Let's chat about lipgloss...

Post by lwoodall10 » Wed May 19, 2010 6:45 am

Lily, I hope you don't mind but I copied your post :)

1 - Do you want a liquid, or a tube? I prefer the tubes you have now, or a squeeze tube...I like the squeeze tubes with a brush tip.

2 - Do you want it sweet, or flavored? Stevia sweetened.

3 - How glossy do you want it? I like the glossiness of the vegan formula. I am happy with the glossiness of your lippies right now.

4 - What colors would you like? I would like a Reddish Purple with gold pearl, I agree on a more opaque peach and I would love if My Pretty were released.

5 - How long should it last on your lips before you consider it long lasting? I'm not too worried about that, if it feels good and looks good I don't mind if it wears off.

6 - Would you absolutely refuse to use a plumping product? I'm neutral on the plumper...I have never noticed any results using them :? I love the texture of My pretty though, it's awesome!

Thanks for asking Karen!
packgal

Post by packgal » Wed May 19, 2010 5:49 pm

This is so individualized, it isn't likely to be helpful, but you did ask...;)....
My hands down HG lippy would be a combo of Nectar and the black label devils food cake gloss. Oh that would be heaven.
My only other thought is on the plumping...I definitely don't need it, and would be a little afraid to try it, seeing as sometimes I get a noticeable tingle from the bad girl balm. But if there was a color I was dying to have, I wouldn't be opposed to trying it. (the color that I would be most interested in would be a light pink in the sheer formula, not as bright as damsel, but we've already talked about how difficult/impossible that would be)....
lilychemgirl

Post by lilychemgirl » Thu May 20, 2010 12:18 am

Ooh, a reddish purple with gold pearl sounds gorgeous!
Mineral makeup addict, Mama to three amazing girls, loving wife to Tom ♥
Marion

Post by Marion » Thu May 20, 2010 9:48 am

Tubes or liquids: Tubes, preferably clear.

Sweet or flavoured: It would be great to have a choice of different flavours like with lip balms (I suppose you can't make a line with a lot of colours and flavours to choose from, but maybe a few of the most popular glosses could be available in two or three different flavours).

How glossy: Can't be too glossy or shimmery.

Colours: Opaque hot pink, purples, blue-based reds.

Moisturizing (Smooth and Full is my favourite), don't mind if it's long lasting or plumping.
belcantosinger

Post by belcantosinger » Thu May 20, 2010 11:17 pm

Liquid or tube?: I like the tube lipblams. Easy to apply and doesn't get all messy.

Flavor? I'm neutral on this. I like the smell/flavor of it now, so if it stays the same I wouldn't mind.

Glossy? I love the glossiness of them now, so I think they should just stay the same.

Colors? I'd like a sheer red with blue and gold/or silver shimmer. And Lola!

Plumpers?: I can't really say if I like plumpers or not, since my lips are big enough already.
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Fri May 21, 2010 8:26 am

I want a lip gloss the color that Kara on American Idol wears. It is the perfect pink. It definitely is a mlbb pink with a bit of shine to it.
JannyGirl

Post by JannyGirl » Fri May 21, 2010 1:52 pm

Thanks for asking for our input, Karen! :) I also asked my 22 yr old daughter (who loves your lippies and e/s, well and blush too), so the answers below are for both of us. :)

Tubes or liquids: Tubes, are preferred. Like the look of the black tube, but clear tubes make it easy to "see" what color you are reaching for.

Sweet or flavoured: No sweeter or more flavored than it currently is, please. If it were any more sweet or flavored my daughter could not use it. As someone else suggested, perhaps flavors and best left to the clear glosses. I would love peppermint flavored even for the lippies, but some gals cannot wear that, so....

How glossy: Glossy is fine as long as it isn't sticky. Some shimmer is fine; not a fan of lots of shimmer for myself

Texture: I like the feel of what you currently offer, though I have not tried the vegan formula. I only have a few lippies, but am looking to expand my collection! :P I have tried Infatuation, Very Berry, Whirlwind, Damsel and Truly; I like the feel of all of these.

Colours: There do seem to be a lot of warm tones, which I am unable to wear, so I'd like to see more cool tones in pinks, mauves, pink-berry, pinkish-plum, etc., as well as pinkish cool toned neutrals

Long lasting: I would not want to compromise the moisturizing effect and feel for long lasting.

Plumping or not: This doesn't matter one way or the other to me
Trainer

Post by Trainer » Sat May 22, 2010 8:08 am

Thanks Karen for asking for our input!! I'm very excited about new lippies.

Well I adore the formula of damsel and soft. I would love to see more colors like pinks, purple and maybe some morphing colors for the summer in this formula.
I would also love some more cooler colors to chose from. A blue red would be great.
If you can, it would be nice to have one or too that are a little bit glossier than the kiss slicker formula. I think that would be fun for summer.
For me personally I hate mint flavor. I can't wear the Burt Bees at ,all it taste like medicine. So I would prefer no flavor or what you are using now.
It would also be nice to have a couple that are plumping, but have the others regular.

Thanks for listening!! :D
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Sat May 22, 2010 9:27 am

Trainer wrote:I can't wear the Burt Bees at ,all it taste like medicine.
Ugh, and that grainy texture it has. Agree.
KrysD

Post by KrysD » Sat May 22, 2010 9:43 pm

Hi Karen,
Thanks for asking our input.
Do you want a liquid, or a tube? Tube
Do you want it sweet, or flavored? Either. I can however tell by reading posts that people like various flavors so may be difficult to find one everyone likes.
What colors would you like? Cool colors
How glossy do you want it? Real glossy for summer but not sticky.
What would the texture feel like? silky smooth
How long should it last on your lips before you consider it long lasting? 3 hours
Plumping- Yes