Valentine's is LIVE!!!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Maeva

Re: Valentine's is LIVE!!!

Post by Maeva » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:12 am

I am traveling through China at the moment and have not been able to place an order since the Valentine's Day Collection was launched -- frustrating!

Has anyone tried Scarlett? I am just dying to see it, but I cannot find a swatch on this site. I cannot view any blogs or YouTube thanks to The Great Fire Wall :cry:
I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little...you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny. – Coco Chanel
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:50 pm

Maeva wrote:I am traveling through China at the moment and have not been able to place an order since the Valentine's Day Collection was launched -- frustrating!

Has anyone tried Scarlett? I am just dying to see it, but I cannot find a swatch on this site. I cannot view any blogs or YouTube thanks to The Great Fire Wall :cry:
I have and like Scarlet, although it's not really true red on my lips. It's very close to being red, but it leans into a bit of a berry on my lips. I layered the clear gloss on top: awesomeness. I've been showing SN products to a girl in my office, and when she saw Scarlet, she really liked it. She doesn't usually compliments, so there you have it :D
Maeva

Post by Maeva » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:15 am

egerandi wrote:
Maeva wrote:I am traveling through China at the moment and have not been able to place an order since the Valentine's Day Collection was launched -- frustrating!

I have and like Scarlet, although it's not really true red on my lips. It's very close to being red, but it leans into a bit of a berry on my lips. I layered the clear gloss on top: awesomeness. I've been showing SN products to a girl in my office, and when she saw Scarlet, she really liked it. She doesn't usually compliments, so there you have it :D
I was hoping that if it leaned it would lean slightly warm, but it still sounds lovely. I have been hoping for this one for a while.

Thanks! :D
I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little...you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny. – Coco Chanel
frckls

Post by frckls » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:36 am

Why is my package still not here yettttt???? Stupid post.
Lemon

Post by Lemon » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:34 pm

I agree with egerandi that Scarlet doesn't show up as a true red on me as well. Scarlet is not a warm red..but a much brighter fresh cherry/berry red on the cool side. I find that when I'm in a room with a yellow bulb, Scarlet looks more red. It's definitely a color that pops..I'm not very confident with bold lips against my light complexion. I have to dilute it with water a bit to get a light stain effect. My mother tried it, and she said it looks 1950s.

Ack..I took so many pictures, but I still couldn't quite capture the depth and saturation of Scarlet. And of course my pc monitor looks different from camera view screen. These were taken with sunlight. Excuse the quick sloppy application and the dehydrated wrinkly lips.

Image Direct Sunlight..The sun is making my skin look darker and less ashy green.
Image Edited to lighten photo and try to make Scarlet look like it does in person.

I think that when Scarlet is applied properly on moisturized lips, it kind of looks like this in photos taken with flash: http://www.primped.com.au/wp-content/up ... detail.jpg
Maeva

Post by Maeva » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:58 am

Lemon wrote:

I agree with egerandi that Scarlet doesn't show up as a true red on me as well. Scarlet is not a warm red..but a much brighter fresh cherry/berry red on the cool side. I find that when I'm in a room with a yellow bulb, Scarlet looks more red. It's definitely a color that pops..I'm not very confident with bold lips against my light complexion. I have to dilute it with water a bit to get a light stain effect. My mother tried it, and she said it looks 1950s.

Ack..I took so many pictures, but I still couldn't quite capture the depth and saturation of Scarlet. And of course my pc monitor looks different from camera view screen. These were taken with sunlight. Excuse the quick sloppy application and the dehydrated wrinkly lips.

Image Direct Sunlight..The sun is making my skin look darker and less ashy green.
Image Edited to lighten photo and try to make Scarlet look like it does in person.

I think that when Scarlet is applied properly on moisturized lips, it kind of looks like this in photos taken with flash: http://www.primped.com.au/wp-content/up ... detail.jpg

I agree that it appears to pull a bit pink, but I like it! I may try the thinnest diluted wash of Roxie over it.
Great pictures! Thanks :D
Cheece

Post by Cheece » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:18 am

I LOVE Scarlet - it's very va-va-voom red on me, the man of the house is very appreciative of it!! For me, 2 coats is a true red, 1 coat is a more pinky red (I would say that is my lip colour pulling through with only 1 coat)

I'm planning on wearing it for date night this weekend...will try to snap some pics :)