Eyeshadows and blushes as lippies

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
rymorg2

Eyeshadows and blushes as lippies

Post by rymorg2 » Sat May 21, 2011 7:21 pm

I know that there are certain pigments that aren't safe for use on the lips, but as much multiuse products as I can get the better. Is it possible to use some of the eyeshadows on the lips as well? TIA!
Cosmetology Educator with gluten sensitivity, eczema and other ingredients sensitivities
Vegan Ivory, 10 scoops to 1 scoop buttery gold[/color]
Die Marchen

Re: Eyeshadows and blushes as lippies

Post by Die Marchen » Mon May 23, 2011 3:07 pm

It is possible. On Sunday I did the simplest look - used Hug Me as a one wash color on my lids, and also applied it on my lips. Topped it with a clear balm and it was ok. If some color is not lip safe it is written in the description. As far as I remember :-)
Current ratio, Sept. 13: 1 Ebony : 1 Buttery Gold : 15 All Purpose : 5 Ivory : 2 Yellow : 1 Liberty : 1 Beach Bunny
The mix is pale and does't look yellow
JenW

Post by JenW » Mon May 23, 2011 3:13 pm

The colors with ultramarines are not lip safe. Usually, they are used for coloring matte purples and blues, and some pinks.

I also think ferric ferocyanide (typically in blues, greens and purples) is not lip safe.

If I think of any more, I will add them.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
rymorg2

Post by rymorg2 » Mon May 23, 2011 7:00 pm

Thank you both!!!! :D
Cosmetology Educator with gluten sensitivity, eczema and other ingredients sensitivities
Vegan Ivory, 10 scoops to 1 scoop buttery gold[/color]
Jessica1

Post by Jessica1 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:54 am

I do not think there is any problem using eyeshades on the lips as well. I personally use Hug me. There could also be other products as well but do note that if the product isn’t safe for the lips, it would be written right there in the description.I am planning to take a lifestyle lift for looking more younger, has anyone tried out them?
Lemon

Post by Lemon » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:23 pm

Thanks for this info. Believe it or not, but I actually have my eye on Safety (matte orange eyeshadow) to use on my lips. For some reason I'm kind of wanting a carrot/pumpkin/calendula orange color also. A true orange. I tried Palace blush on my lips out of curosity, but it comes out too dark. Safety ingredients list: Mica, titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, magnesium myristate, magnesium stearate, boron nitride, silica. Also contains: iron oxides, tin oxide

I'm expecting an order with Excite ALG...maybe that will help somehow.

I'm also looking into the green eyeshadows for a potential lip color blend.