Miss the stevia taste

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
sunnyray

Miss the stevia taste

Post by sunnyray » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:28 pm

Got my order too . Just love Betty but I noticed that the taste is kind of funny in the Hubbub, coy and Betty. I am used to the Stevia and a little vanilla or maybe just the Stevia and these lipsticks have no taste at all. Its a funny taste not like the SNS I am used to. love the new Betty pink and coy is so versatile. I still like the liquid glosses and find them to be extremely moisturizing but I want a week with all this new stuff before i say too much. Love the little lipstick bags. Perfect storage for the many lipsticks that float around my bag.Bought extra chcolate cream cuticle balms before the warm weather comes. HA HA I have my heat on in New Jersey. Can't believe its June.Can't wait to try more!
catlover

Re: Miss the stevia taste

Post by catlover » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:10 am

Sunnyray is the green Iridescence really noticeable in Betty? I am hoping it is because I saw a swatch by Oxana and it doesn't appear to have much green.. I know its hard to tell sometimes as lighting and photos don't always capture the colour.
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:17 am

I feel like if you swatch it and look at it close, you will definitely see the green in it. But if you put it on your lips and look at yourself in the mirror from a reasonable distance you are not going to see green specifically as it blends together with the pink, if you know what I mean.
I really love the color of it though, the green definitely adds something special to it, and when I layer it on top of Coy I get the look of that discontinued MAC lipstick Lollipop Loving.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
catlover

Post by catlover » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:20 pm

Thanks for the reply Oxana. I love the look of macs lollipop loving so I am glad it looks similar :)
feyith

Post by feyith » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:29 pm

On me the green shimmer really shows up but the pink is quite sheer.

I'm also a big fan of the original flavors.
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:14 pm

Maybe I just never lick my lips or something, but I never notice flavors in lippies.
I know Eliz can't use Stevia, so I feel like I'd rather not be able to taste anything than her not be able to use the lippies at all.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
sunnyray

Post by sunnyray » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:02 pm

The lipsticks taste like grease and oil without some kind of flavoring in them which renders them unusable to many people.
4wheel

Post by 4wheel » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:14 am

sunnyray wrote:The lipsticks taste like grease and oil without some kind of flavoring in them which renders them unusable to many people.
ITA ! I have a great smell factor ( at times its not so fun...LOL ) and taste that goes with it. IF it's a oil smell and taste I will not put it on my lips. :cry: I guess that's why I love the stevia and flavor in the lip products. :D
BE the Light - Shimmer and Shine!
Hoyden

Post by Hoyden » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:31 am

I like the Stevia taste too. My all time favorite formula is the Amplifying Lip Glaze, I actually use those up. Next is the lippies with Stevia in them. I've actually used up 2 Blaze and 3 transparent lip glazes and one each of cream puff and allure.

The advantage of Stevia in the lippies is that my dog can find them for me if I misplace them, the disadvantage is that she likes the flavor and will eat them if she thinks she can get away with it.
With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to be compassionate, and the wisdom to be humble.
Courage is the foundation of integrity. ~ Keshavan Nair
sunnyray

Post by sunnyray » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:01 pm

Just about all the major lipstick manufacturers have some kind of flavoring in their lipsticks. The great part about SN lippies is that they are natural and you are not licking petrochemicals off your lips. Still the oils do have a funny taste. The stevia with a pinch of vanilla is great! I really look forward to that taste on my lips.No pleasant using them without any sweet flavor.I Guess even just the stevia would be great.These are no doubt very special lipsticks.