Eye Cream and other Skin Care wishes

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
royalgoddessbeth

Eye Cream and other Skin Care wishes

Post by royalgoddessbeth » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:41 pm

We need an anti-aging eye cream. Something with a lovely texture like Holy Crow packed with good stuff to fight time's ravages, not just temporarily camouflage them for awhile.

I'd also like another toner, perhaps a lavender scented one with aloe juice and other lovely things. This might can even double as a makeup setter, rather like the Pore Refining Toner does for me already.
SN addict par excellence!
Favorite Blushes: Foxxy, Climax, Cider and Jamie
Favorite Lipstick: Negligee
Primer/Foundation/Finishing Powder: I'm a mad scientist!

I would join a 12 step program for my SN addiction, but 12 steps are for quitters!
Cupcake

Re: Eye Cream and other Skin Care wishes

Post by Cupcake » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:30 pm

I love the idea of an eye cream. Could I offer another request, either a divergence from or extension of the idea - how about all the goodies of an eye cream but in texture somewhere between a traditional water-based gel and a gelled oil. Richer than water and with oil to seal in the hydration, but not as heavy as a typical cream? Would help fight puffiness from rich creams.

For my own personal need, I'd love to see an enriched gel texture which carries the collagen boosting ingredients and super-hydrating ingredients. Anything else is a bonus. A lot of wrinkles start as dehydration lines, so that's my thinking behind why it might appeal to 20s+ age group as well as those of us sliding towards 40.
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:12 pm

Agree on the gel texture. My favorite product of all-time was the Green Tea eye cream from Bath & Body Works, which is, alas, discontinued.

I also like Origins eye products (and face products in general) a lot. Eye Doctor is quite good.
http://www.origins.com/templates/produc ... ID=PROD275
fairyfli

Post by fairyfli » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:48 pm

I too would love an eye cream, I would also love the to have the that neutral toner that could act as a spritz to refresh the face.

I know that we have talked a bit about body skin care and I would love a cocoa butter or some sort of super moisturizer bar that we smooth on right after a shower. It would almost be like a massage bar or some of the moisturizer bars from Lush. I do like those bars but I think that Karen could do better than what they are creating...... please!!!

I do absolutely love the new colors that came out, I am very excited to get them....I am such an addict! But it is a good thing because it has made my face look so much better!
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:03 am

Cupcake wrote:as well as those of us sliding towards 40.
Hahahaha, sorry, this was just too funny. I'm very visual, and I'm sitting here picturing us sliding in snow on our butts... aaaaanyways. Yes, please, some nice eye cream/gelled oil would be so cool to have. I heard lots of good stuff about rose hip oil, and perhaps something nifty super something something? I'm already applying the super serum and the facelift serum under my eyes, but anything extra to hydrate and moisturize would be welcome.

I believe someone already mentioned it on the forum, but would love to see the comeback of the cucumber green tea gel. It worked nicely for me, but for some reason my BF had allergic reaction to it: skin got all red under the eyes, but it still depuffed them like nobody's business (and the redness went away soon). Suffer for beauty, huh!
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:52 am

Oooh rosehips could be fun. I love the oil bunches,but it's not great for acne prone skin. That's the (one) cool part about eye products...you don't have to worry about zits- millia yes, but not acne!

So I've been pondering this- it sounds like you're mainly looking to help with wrinkles and general skin texture. Is that right??? There are so many actives promoted for the eye area it's tough to narrow it down, and focus- and not go crazy with too many actives.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:35 pm

karen wrote:it sounds like you're mainly looking to help with wrinkles and general skin texture. Is that right??? There are so many actives promoted for the eye area it's tough to narrow it down, and focus- and not go crazy with too many actives.
Indeed: something hydrating and emollient enough to keep the dryness and the baggies away, with an extra ooomp of a anti-wrinkle active (something aside from rose hip, but that too). Perhaps some vit K for the dark circles? Hmmm.
packgal

Post by packgal » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:23 pm

and maybe an anti-aging cream or gel for those of us who don't have wrinkles yet? i'd love to see one focusing on wrinkle prevention rather than treatment (if indeed there is a difference). i love the texture of holy crow, i just wish it had more anti-aging since i don't yet need wrinkle fighting. cream or gel would be ok with me.
chaye

Post by chaye » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:54 pm

An eye cream that feels like Holy Crow will be great. I'm into my 2nd tub of Holy Crow and simply love the texture and non-greasy feeling. Like others, I'm all for adding more good stuff into it. :D
Lover of Tempt Tryst
chaye

Post by chaye » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:02 pm

Just wondering if new eye creams are on the horizon. My skin has been dryer than usual lately and I suspect it's due to the meds for acne and lines are starting to show esp around the eyes :( . I have been using Holy Crow doubled up with Jojoba Moisturizer at the moment.
Lover of Tempt Tryst