Holiday!?!?!?

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Izar

Re: Holiday!?!?!?

Post by Izar » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:40 am

Hi everybody!

I've been using SN for almost a year now, and I absolutely love it. The lippies are the best I've ever tried, I'm totally smitten with them. :) Not to mention that the owner of SN is a mind-reader: I've been thinking about how nice it would be to have a sheer, lollypop-red SN lippie, and now we have 'Bitten' which, judging by the description, is exactly what I've been dreaming about.

Registering on the forum had been something that I had yet to do, but I couldn't postpone it any longer. You see, this is my big chance to beg Karen to bring back 'Pink Twink'.

Karen, imagine me kneeling, clasping my hands, and looking up at you with big, teary, puppy-dog eyes, and hoping you'll have mercy on me and some other Hungarian girls who are in love with that eyeshadow. It's the perfect pink: it has a little brown in there somewhere to make it a totally wearable and flattering color, but not as much as to make us look as if we'd been crying. It brings out the green in my otherwise brownish eyes and can be worn as an all-over wash of color to create a perfect daytime look. Getting the chance to buy a full size jar (actually I think I would stock up and buy more than one), well that would be the best Christmas present ever! :D
allzre

Post by allzre » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:31 am

Having some pressed blushes and eye shadows would be lovely, I travel quite a lot, and these would be some much more convenient!

Also, I know there are quite a few kits already, but it would be nice to have a kit that would consist of lets say two eye shadows (a lighter and a darker colour), a matching blush and a matching lippie? To make it easier for people who struggle to combine different colours (like me ;) ).

And some eye cream would be nice too :P
sunshinegal

Post by sunshinegal » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:57 am

I think I only have two GWP colors but the two I would love to be able to purchase would be Fools Gold and Mystery. Both are gorgeous!

All of the other ideas the ladies have are amazing too. :)
- Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:36 pm

Izar wrote: Registering on the forum had been something that I had yet to do, but I couldn't postpone it any longer. You see, this is my big chance to beg Karen to bring back 'Pink Twink'.

Karen, imagine me kneeling, clasping my hands, and looking up at you with big, teary, puppy-dog eyes, and hoping you'll have mercy on me and some other Hungarian girls who are in love with that eyeshadow. It's the perfect pink: it has a little brown in there somewhere to make it a totally wearable and flattering color, but not as much as to make us look as if we'd been crying. It brings out the green in my otherwise brownish eyes and can be worn as an all-over wash of color to create a perfect daytime look. Getting the chance to buy a full size jar (actually I think I would stock up and buy more than one), well that would be the best Christmas present ever! :D
Hahaha, I can vouch for that: another Hungarian girl (although not currently in Hungary) begging for more Pink Twink. It has my vote as one of the GWPs that needs to come back :D
Izar

Post by Izar » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:21 pm

Egerandi: Hey there! I've been looking at your nick with a sense of fondness ever since I first saw it here. I knew it wasn't a coincidence that it made perfect sense to my Hungarian brain. :D And it was your first comment on this thread that whispered to me: "Now's your chance Izar to give a shout-out for Pink Twink!". So thanks for getting the ball rolling. :)
EtherealJane

Post by EtherealJane » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:37 pm

I really love the idea of a liner kit! I've tried the black cherry liner as a sample and loved the texture. As a sample though, it was a bit tricky to work with, but yet there are some colors that I don't know if I need full size. A kit with a little bit of them all in it would be my dream come true! :D
jandi

Post by jandi » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:37 pm

The liner palette is a wonderful idea. I would be delighted with that.
I'd also like to see Riddle back, and a light pink blush :) Not that I need help for the "just out of the cold" look in Canada.
lairkeeper

Post by lairkeeper » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:28 pm

New girl wants a vote! I love the idea of a liner kit. I'm finding myself wanting to sample every color.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:08 am

I'm working on it...the thing that's killing me is packaging and accessories at the moment. I have this one supplier who keeps saying that they're going to release some very.cool.stuff- the things we've all been dreaming about. So I'm kind of waiting on that before I can commit to a few things like the eye liner palettes (if it's as cool as I think it might be, it will be worth the wait).

So in the mean time I'm working on the other million or so things. Couple of questions....
For a purse size lotion- I'm thinking a 1 ounce bottle, but a 2 ounce is possible if you'd like. 2 ounces seems like a lot to carry around- and I'm thinking the formula will have a bit more oil in it so you wouldn't need much. How would you like it scented? I brought back a pound of the most wonderful French Lavender from vacation- I'm thinking that, and then maybe another one that smells a bit sweeter.

For a Men's Kit...what are your guys stealing from you??? Or what would make them happy? I'm going back and forth on an aftershave...I'm debating between something like a toner vs. more of a gelled oil type with a light oil like grapeseed. DH doesn't deal well with things that are too watery- but he's not exactly metro anyway. Maybe a shaving soap to go along with the aftershave?
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:03 am

karen wrote: How would you like it scented? I brought back a pound of the most wonderful French Lavender from vacation- I'm thinking that, and then maybe another one that smells a bit sweeter.

For a Men's Kit...what are your guys stealing from you??? Or what would make them happy? I'm going back and forth on an aftershave...I'm debating between something like a toner vs. more of a gelled oil type with a light oil like grapeseed. DH doesn't deal well with things that are too watery- but he's not exactly metro anyway. Maybe a shaving soap to go along with the aftershave?
I love sweet lavender- sarafina's was to die for and i imagine you probably have something just as perfect. I will take it in any form! For not-lavender sweet scents...i've always been a fan of coconut and also of sweet black licorice

What men steal from me...definitely the KISS cleanser which one of my guy-friends also asked me for and i filled a foamer bottle for him. Bob's always game for any shave cream promising to reduce razor burn and bumps. I don't think he'll use anything that requires any tool but his hands to apply (nothing watery like a toner) He also had and really loved the Armani Code dupe fragrance stick, but he lost it somewhere on our honeymoon. His (and my for him) newest favorite scent is Ralph Lauren's Romance Silver. It's my unholy thoughts cologne. "a sexy and simple scent with notes of cabernet grapes, crushed leaves, silver cypress, bergamot, tobacco flower, violet, mate, suede musk accord, guaicwood, driftwood, and nutmeg. Notes: Cabernet Grapes, Leaves, Silver Cypress, Bergamot, Tobacco Flower, Violet, Mate, Suede Musk Accord, Guaicwood, Driftwood, Nutmeg"
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com