Valentines???

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
4wheel

Re: Valentines???

Post by 4wheel » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:08 pm

Karen, I posted this in the skin care threads. Could we please have a 12% AHA toner? I used 12 and have gone 100% to your skin care but I sure do miss the 12%. I can see a difference in my skin. I know everyone could not be able to use it, but I had for over 3 years without an issue. I sure would love to try it in a toner and not a cream. The one I used was a cream and I like that I just mist it on and go. Thanks for asking. :) :)
BE the Light - Shimmer and Shine!
sanomi

Post by sanomi » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:36 pm

Ahhh..I'm newb in foru, but I'd like to share my thoughts - SUEDEEES!!! lol and for me it's even doesn't matter what color...I mean for me actually almost all eyeshadows look the same in finish - sparkly or matte, but that suede finish really put silknaturals on level higher than other brands! It's winning formula and thank You soo much for creating it!!! Absolutely love!
KingTaco

Post by KingTaco » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:00 pm

karen wrote:So we're starting to work on Valentines, and am wondering what sorts of goodies would you like? The Stick 'Em primer is on the list already- there's what I'm hoping is a slight supplier issue, but I'm hoping that it will work out well in the end.

What else??
Yay!! Thanks for putting the primer on the list
Foundation mix: 8:1 Heavy:Buttery Gold
All purpose mix: 7:1.5 Ivory:Buttery Gold
cait

Post by cait » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:30 pm

I would like a floral-y kind of lip balm, maybe lavender or sugared roses?

Also, some purple toned blushes along the lines of Rosie and Carnal. I'm really loving those colors lately :) In terms of pink l/g...I've been mixing Bloom and Soft or Bloom and Damsel lately to get a milkier pink in between those colors...so maybe a pink midway between the two?
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:56 pm

cait wrote:I would like a floral-y kind of lip balm, maybe lavender or sugared roses?

Also, some purple toned blushes along the lines of Rosie and Carnal. I'm really loving those colors lately :) In terms of pink l/g...I've been mixing Bloom and Soft or Bloom and Damsel lately to get a milkier pink in between those colors...so maybe a pink midway between the two?
Seconding more purple/lavender blushes, loving Rosie so far :)

Cait, have you tried Wistaria? It gives me similar color as Bloom, but a bit darker, almost like the combination you've been trying, although a bit different finish.

Also one more vote on Stockholm, Barcelona and Icing. Also, that orange red lippie that was requested under Wish List, please :)
tori8780

Post by tori8780 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:59 pm

I would love either (or both!) a sugared violet or sugared rose lip balm. I <3 the balms, but the only flavor I like is vanilla, which is so boring.

I second more suede finish eyeshadows. I have to be very conservative with makeup because I'm in the military and I always feel overdone in shimmery eyeshadows, but I love, love, love the suede and matte finish ones!

I love the idea of a shadow liner in black with red sparkles.

I would love to see a soft, "romantic" eye shadow collection of softwash grey's, pale lavenders/pink tones. I am thinking of the Smashbox bloom palette here. Its beautiful and perfect for creating a date night eye look.
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:37 pm

Okay, it's gone 1am so I apologise in advance but for a fleeting moment there, I had a funny thought ;) It occurred that Valentines Day requires kisses. A kiss-inducing product would be lip balms flavoured to appeal to a man so that he has incentive to taste them. So if you can find a fragrance to replicate cheeseburgers and beer... :lol: 8-) (No, I'm not serious!)

I'm thinking Valentines and early Spring co-incide to make a girl want to feel pretty and feminine. Maybe a cool pink or pink-coral Perfecting Powder? Crystal came to mind for colour, but I'm thinking something to give a flush of radiance all over. Cooler and purer soft rose / raspberry pink. Something a bit Parisienne. (Prescriptives / Px Magic use a pink shimmer like this and it's tremendously flattering and the brand is not available here any more). If Icing lip gloss was a finish powder, this would be it. :D

Can't endorse the Suede eyeshadows strongly enough. I struggle with shimmer so a suede or soft slight pearl does wonders for the confidence. Feeling attractive is largely about confidence, isn't it? So maybe some edgier (but still grown up) colours in Suede formula? That'd be awesome.

Would also love a deep, dark, very sheer (like Damsel, Berry Nice, etc) lipgloss (Kisser Slicker formula) that's a deep, dark, rich purple-red berry. No shimmer, no warmth, no brown or orange. Something like Cassis for depth but a dark rose-raspberry-purple type colour. I remember Sam had a colour in mind like this for a lipstick ages ago, but I'm requesting a sheer one for us softies who want just a touch of the dramatically seductive and dangerous... but who can't quite pull off the full vamp look. :oops:

Maybe also release Queen For A Day. Prettiest everyshadow ever. Shouldn't we all get the chance to feel so special?

Thanks x
Last edited by Cupcake on Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
royalgoddessbeth

Post by royalgoddessbeth » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:39 pm

What happened to the stick lotion? I loved that stuff!
SN addict par excellence!
Favorite Blushes: Foxxy, Climax, Cider and Jamie
Favorite Lipstick: Negligee
Primer/Foundation/Finishing Powder: I'm a mad scientist!

I would join a 12 step program for my SN addiction, but 12 steps are for quitters!
kookith

Post by kookith » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:42 pm

There are so many things I want, I don't know where to start LOL

Someone said Rose-scented anything - YES PLEASE! I love Crabtree & Evelyn, so something like their Rose range would be awesome!

And please bring back Pink Twink, Brooke and Fuzzy for good *sad face*

edited to add: Oh!! More Argan Oil stuff, especially for hair!!
Who says a chick can't love make up and World of Warcraft at the same time? :D

http://kookith.wordpress.com/
http://megsmakeup.com/aff/11035/4
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:08 am

MyLavenderHeart wrote:

- EYESHADDOW / LINER:
Black with RED shimmer specks. Super fun when foiled as a liner!

Oooh, fun!!