Valentines???

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Pomi

Re: Valentines???

Post by Pomi » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:22 pm

Something I've been thinking about these last few days (it's not Valentine-themed at all though!) is skin care... I would LOVE to have a serum that doesn't contain sodium PCA, so that I could layer my moisturizer right on top without my face going scarlet red. Or a moisturizer based on a different gel that doesn't react with sodium PCA. I'm always late in the morning, and having to wait for my serum to dry before I can get on with the rest of my routine is a pain. I'm probably alone here but I thought I'd share my wishes anyway... ;)
LT16

Post by LT16 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:14 pm

How about a lipgloss with different colored swirls in it like the Lorac Tie Dye lip glosses?
Attachments
loractiedye.jpg
loractiedye.jpg (22.84 KiB) Viewed 12943 times
ladycattat

Post by ladycattat » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:23 pm

LT16 wrote:How about a lipgloss with different colored swirls in it like the Lorac Tie Dye lip glosses?
oooh, I like the one 2nd to the right.
Years ago(at least 13) Jane Cosmetics had a line of twirled colors lipsticks, and I had one called *Spuntan* and it was soooo gorgeous!
I actually wore it the day of my wedding. It was kind of like *Iced Mocha* when on, and I swear I spent YEARS trying to find another tube like it, to no avail.

Maybe Karen could do twirled lippies....I would be so all over those!!!
Laurie
Summer,2012
90 Medium
5 BG
5.5 yellow

HG: Sheer Zinc Powder
and Equalizer
E/S..Spellbound, Adorn, and Juiced,
Lips: Roxie,Kinetic, Fascinate, Glacier, Nice Tan

There cannot be a crisis until next week. My schedule is already full.
Henry Kissinger
MyLavenderHeart

Post by MyLavenderHeart » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:19 pm

ladycattat wrote:
LT16 wrote:How about a lipgloss with different colored swirls in it like the Lorac Tie Dye lip glosses?
Maybe Karen could do twirled lippies....I would be so all over those!!!
Laurie
Me too! Maybe they could be called...Twirlies? As in twi rl and lipp ies = Twirlies :lol:
ticklemytentoes

Post by ticklemytentoes » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:39 pm

Or Twippies. ;) Not really, that's just the first thing that came to mind and had to post it. I love the twirlie lippie idea. I'm game. :)
aud

Post by aud » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:06 am

Twirlies sounds good :)

how about a few in a stick form as well (I like the liquid gloss finish but I don't find myself reaching out for them as much as the sticks, which are easier to apply without a mirror).
Current SN foundation mix: 4 Buttery Gold: 2 Yellow Boosters: 21 Medium Ivory: 8 Original Ivory: 3 Glow
Favourite SN lippies (currently): Darling, Barcelona (Gumball), Menage
Favourite SN blushers: Carnal, Satisfied
ErinL

Post by ErinL » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:06 am

I don't know if I'm the first person to mention this here--probably not. :lol: But a lot of us ladies on another makeup forum (also SN addicts... :lol: ) would love some Argan oil that we can use on our hair/skin/nails...
I can get it other places, but I'd much rather buy it from Karen. :)

Hmm..and now I'm wondering--maybe it could be mixed with a little rose oil for smell, or rosemary for extra "hair help"?
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:33 am

ErinL wrote:I don't know if I'm the first person to mention this here--probably not. :lol: But a lot of us ladies on another makeup forum (also SN addicts... :lol: ) would love some Argan oil that we can use on our hair/skin/nails...
I can get it other places, but I'd much rather buy it from Karen. :)

Hmm..and now I'm wondering--maybe it could be mixed with a little rose oil for smell, or rosemary for extra "hair help"?
I would definitely love some kind of oil for hair. I am putting some oil on my hair right now at night because it is so dry here right now. Not normally a problem for Texas.
packgal

Post by packgal » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:31 pm

Pomi wrote:Personally I would love a rose-scented toner concentrate. (or any other scent really, but roses are more in the spirit of Valentine's day) I loved the gumballs last year, they were so practical!
oh yes please. i just bought a couple bottles of the lavender toner, and after paying shipping i remembered those wonderful gumballs from last year. the floral one was divine. in fact, i still use the mister bottle that i mixed it up in, and even though i just put plain filtered water in there for spritzing it still smells like the floral toner. i would love to see it or a rose version come back in the concentrated form!!
Autumn

Post by Autumn » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:25 pm

packgal wrote:
Pomi wrote:Personally I would love a rose-scented toner concentrate. (or any other scent really, but roses are more in the spirit of Valentine's day) I loved the gumballs last year, they were so practical!
oh yes please. i just bought a couple bottles of the lavender toner, and after paying shipping i remembered those wonderful gumballs from last year. the floral one was divine. in fact, i still use the mister bottle that i mixed it up in, and even though i just put plain filtered water in there for spritzing it still smells like the floral toner. i would love to see it or a rose version come back in the concentrated form!!
Were the toner concentrates offered as just a gumball? I think the concentrated form would be a great idea. I would be open to almost any scent.