Hmmm...Fall. What would you like??

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
JenK

Re: Hmmm...Fall. What would you like??

Post by JenK » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:25 am

ChristineLynnP wrote:Karen, I'd really, really, REALLY love it if you could possibly work on formulating some lip glosses/lip sticks/etc without castor oil. I seem to be sensitive to it. Anything with castor oil in it that goes on my lips breaks me out in a ring around the lips HORRIBLY. I know this is asking a lot because castor oil both adds shine and helps emulsify ingredients, but there other some other companies that manage to do it. I'd just love to be able to order from this company, because I do feel a loyalty to you (I really respect you and your company, I've gotten nothing what wonderful products and awesome customer service, and you have a really great selection of colors). And if that's possible, then I'm dying for a nice muted and wearable red lip color. And an eyeshadow named Falling Leaves that is golden-taupe based but with green, yellow, and orange iridescence.
DITTO DITTO DITTO!!!
(Castor Oil also seems to bake/cook on my lips creating them to swell, burn and peel. I work outside year round so I can never avoid the sun.)
frckls

Post by frckls » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:55 am

I am so late to the party!
MyLavenderHeart wrote:Karen: I don`t know if this is even possible but a bird told me you like a chalenge, LOL! :P

CRAYON RED MATTE lipstick. (dupe for Julie Hewett color)
(possibly a stain but that is not my favourite as it makes my lips peel)

- no blue undertones, shimmer or gloss. Nothing that reflects the light.

Matte gives it a littlebit of extra class over it I think, and doesn`t make you overdone if you want a littlebit of shimmer on otherwise neutral eyes...

It is so hard to find a true red from all the reds.
Believe me, I have checked ALL SN`s reds, and thought one of the two I am mentioning could fit in?

Ever heard of Julie Hewett? She is an makeup artist and decided that working on the movie Pearl Harbor she didn`t have the right red lipstick to go with the makeup in the movie. So she made a collection of red lipsticks.
BUT... hey are 22 dollars a pop! Yeah, uhm.. noooo thanks :oops:

I have looked at two lipsticks in the Noir collection I would adore!!

One is called Rouge Noir. It is a true Crayon red / Movie star red - matte.
The other one is called Belle Noir. It is a bright summer red with coral undertones- matte.

I have almost used up a tube of Crimson and it turns more towards deep pink on my lips. Great for blotting etc. but it isn`t really true red on me.
But I want THIS!
egerandi wrote:Oooh, one more!

Poppy King lipstick: http://www.jcrew.com/womens_feature/New ... =TBLR00043
here is all kind of women wearing it, the kind of universally flattering red:
http://jcrew.tumblr.com/post/8084223932 ... for-j-crew

I would imagine Truly with red in it, looking like a real poppy :)
...and THIS!!
kinjali22 wrote:More ALG's! I know fall is supposed to be about deeper lip colors but I can't pull them off (my lips are too big!) but I would love to see a sheer neutral to warm purple-pink lippie (with no blue whatsoever). I mentioned the ALG formula since it looks like most of them are sheer :)
...and THIS!!!
ChristineLynnP wrote:... And if that's possible, then I'm dying for a nice muted and wearable red lip color. And an eyeshadow named Falling Leaves that is golden-taupe based but with green, yellow, and orange iridescence.
AND THIIISSS!!!

:D
SouthernGal

Post by SouthernGal » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:40 am

I'll try to keep it short ;) :

Toner concentrates
Yellow lipstain
A re-release of Asphalt cream eyeliner (or at least a similiar color)
A re-release of Pomegranate lip balm
A tinted moisturizer
A haircare product to address thinning/balding (A relative of mine requested this)
sunnyray

Post by sunnyray » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:42 pm

Please don't forget us light skinned girls. I would love a light pink cream blush, even a regular formula lipstick in a pink as the colors you have now are too dark.I also see that coral is a hot color for fall in clothes and a light coral lipstick would be fabulous.Also I dream of a cream eyeshadow in light grren, forest or teal green and a wonderful vanilla shade.How about a green mascara? I guess thats enough dreaming for one night!
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:10 am

sunnyray wrote:Please don't forget us light skinned girls. I would love a light pink cream blush, even a regular formula lipstick in a pink as the colors you have now are too dark.
+1 here.

Might stick my head tentatively above the parapet and whisper... I'm unable to use the ALGs because of a reaction to the Dipalmitoyl hydroxyproline (made my lips peel raw and weepy). I know some folks would love it if every lippy could be made in that formula but I'd appreciate keeping the regular formula (KS) to hand! I've been using up my SN lippy stash this year and need to replace nearly everything asap, definitely by full-on winter. I *need* your lips-saving balms and could cope with those alone, but a few non-ALG colours would be a treat. (Loving Seedy, Black Dahlia, Winter Rose, Bobbi and Precious as staples).
feyith

Post by feyith » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:18 am

Thirded + seconding cream eye shadow, colored mascara and Cupcake's list of staples. :)

My favorite blush is Lovelace.
tardis

Post by tardis » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:55 am

As long as there are requests for reformulations of the lippies, may I plead that any reformulating not include any of the major allergens e.g. wheat (gluten) and soy—even corn and rice, if possible. I've been steering every gal I know with Celiac/food allergies/intolerances to this site because there are so few options for women with these issues who want to wear lipstick/gloss. This is literally the only company I've found that doesn't put highly allergenic food oils in their products and talk of reformulating makes me nervous. :o To find a company that understands these issues and makes superbly high quality products with a great selection of choices is one in a million (believe me, I've looked).

I hope it's okay for me to say that. I know the food allergy crowd can be obnoxious.

That being said: I want to be surprised. Your collections haven't disappointed yet. :)
aud

Post by aud » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:16 am

Could I request for a non-Fall item?

How about a lipbalm/shade with SPF? It doesn't have to have an exact SPF value (which would require lab testing and oodles of $). But something with some SPF would set my mind at ease. I find it strange to have sunscreen on my face, neck, decollete but lacking on my lips. Since there's only summer or rain on this island (no other season), it's something that'd be in demand all year round :)
Current SN foundation mix: 4 Buttery Gold: 2 Yellow Boosters: 21 Medium Ivory: 8 Original Ivory: 3 Glow
Favourite SN lippies (currently): Darling, Barcelona (Gumball), Menage
Favourite SN blushers: Carnal, Satisfied
Autumn

Post by Autumn » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:14 pm

aud wrote:Could I request for a non-Fall item?

How about a lipbalm/shade with SPF? It doesn't have to have an exact SPF value (which would require lab testing and oodles of $). But something with some SPF would set my mind at ease. I find it strange to have sunscreen on my face, neck, decollete but lacking on my lips. Since there's only summer or rain on this island (no other season), it's something that'd be in demand all year round :)
It is hard to find ANY tinted lip balm with non-chemical SPF. I would love to see this also.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:37 am

Thank you all for your awesome suggestions!!!! Don't worry- the Kisser Slickers aren't going anywhere. As far as a castor free lippie- that's a bit tougher because you sorta need it to suspend the pigments, but I do have a few tricks up my sleeve.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten