Non-stingy ALGs, please ...

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
ega

Non-stingy ALGs, please ...

Post by ega » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:10 pm

Karen, your ALG formula is fantastic, I love the texture and the creaminess of the glosses, they feel almost as luxurious as Black Labels. Unfortunately, it is also a formula that makes my lips feel most irritated, almost numb (that 'slight minty tingle' lasts for me for over 40-50 minutes!) so I just cannot wear it :cry: Could you please consider making a non-stingy version of ALGs, with no menthol? Gals who like the tingle can still add a thin layer of a minty lip balm or ALG and keep the original feeling ...
Foundation Mix: 3 x Buttery Gold : 2 x Yellow Booster : 0.5 x Green Booster : 57 x Original Ivory : 3 x Glow
Lips: Pure, Ambrosia, Reaction, Chemise, Flaunt, Cerise | Eyes: Grassroots Green, Goddess, Motive, Fuse
Maeva

Re: Non-stingy ALGs, please ...

Post by Maeva » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:54 pm

I would much prefer it if the menthol were left out also.
Menthol irritates my lips, and the irritation turns my lip-line reddish and blurry looking. Putting on a barrier layer of Smooth And Full first helps to protect them, but only somewhat.
I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little...you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny. – Coco Chanel
Angie

Post by Angie » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:01 am

I third this. It would be good to have a few ALGs without the menthol. Thanks :)
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:16 am

I fourth this. Sensitive lips!
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:35 pm

I've noticed several ALG fans state that for them, the menthol tingle wears off after a few seconds. If that's the case, couldn't it be omitted altogether? I mean, if it's just there momentarily, would it really be missed for the sake of making it more comfortable for sensitive folks?? Just a passing thought.
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:12 pm

Cupcake wrote:I've noticed several ALG fans state that for them, the menthol tingle wears off after a few seconds. If that's the case, couldn't it be omitted altogether? I mean, if it's just there momentarily, would it really be missed for the sake of making it more comfortable for sensitive folks?? Just a passing thought.
I love the minty tingle so so much, it is so comforting and soothing on my lips. True, it doesn't last super long, maybe 10-15 min, but I often re-apply just to have that tingle again.

I hope for you that don't like it there will be some ALGs without the tingle, but I hope some will remain that do have that mint in there for those like me that love it.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
kinjali22

Post by kinjali22 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:53 pm

Oxana124 wrote:
Cupcake wrote:I've noticed several ALG fans state that for them, the menthol tingle wears off after a few seconds. If that's the case, couldn't it be omitted altogether? I mean, if it's just there momentarily, would it really be missed for the sake of making it more comfortable for sensitive folks?? Just a passing thought.
I love the minty tingle so so much, it is so comforting and soothing on my lips. True, it doesn't last super long, maybe 10-15 min, but I often re-apply just to have that tingle again.

I hope for you that don't like it there will be some ALGs without the tingle, but I hope some will remain that do have that mint in there for those like me that love it.
:D I do the same thing!
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:17 pm

Fair enough, but I'm thinking that there's a clear ALG with the menthol that would provide the tingle. Could that be used instead with the regular (potential non-menthol) ALG colour applied over the top? Just trying to think of ways to make it suitable for as many folks as possible. It's frustrating when there's a colour you love in a formula that doesn't suit, so it might not be practical splitting ALGs into menthol and non-menthol options.
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:35 pm

Is it possible to make it minty but not tingly? And is that something that would appeal to others?
JenW

Post by JenW » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:54 am

I will tell you what I know..... Taking out ingredients requires a reformulation which takes time. It is not as simple as just leaving out the menthol. We also are maxed out in the formulas we can offer right now. I have a feeling that if we discontinue one lip formula that we currently offer, there will be just as many, if not more that will be saddened by the discontinuation of their favorite. Our bases are made in bulk, so small lots really aren't possible. I understand that this will be a disappointment, but I thought it would be better to keep you in the loop, rather than continuing to hope for this to happen in the near future.

My recommendation for the time being.....try Smooth & Full layered with a Buttercream. That will be about the closest to what you are wishing for. If it works for you, I think more Butercreams could more easily be added to the line.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com