Taupe for meee?

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
shiny

Re: Taupe for meee?

Post by shiny » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:02 pm

I can't do gray or ashy tones or shimmers at all. It has to be brown or lean towards brown. Non-shimmery midtone taupes are my mainstay.

I don't think you can go wrong with Eu-taupia or Mink. Even though Mink is a shimmer, I don't see anything shimmery in it. For a little more brown, Terra is warmer and Stag is a little lighter and cooler. Both are beautiful.

My favorite combinations are to make a "sandwich" with either Restless or Bristol on the lid, inner corner and brow bone, with a mid-tone like Eu-taupia, Mink, Terra or Stag in the crease and outer third of the eyelid. Line with Mink or Bewitched.
frckls

Post by frckls » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:33 pm

Thanks Ladies for the help and suggestion. But now because of you all my confusion list has expanded. :twisted:

If I may ask another favor, can someone swatch Eu-Taupe-Ia/Terra/Stag/Bareback/Tru Luv side-by-side? I'm curious! :mrgreen:
shiny

Post by shiny » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:26 pm

sorry I didn't see your request until just now. From left to right:
Eu-Taupe-ia, Terra, Stag and Mink with Restless in between them and Bristol underneath.
-
Attachments
taupes.jpg
taupes.jpg (34.35 KiB) Viewed 2869 times
frckls

Post by frckls » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:32 pm

Wheeeeee!! Thanks a lot, shiny! I'm definitely getting Eu-Taupe-Ia! :D
naughtykittens

Post by naughtykittens » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:18 pm

A second thanks from me, shiny! Eu-taupe-ia is on my wishlist and I'll probably be getting it in my next order thanks to your swatches.

I have taupetastic and it looks taupe in the jar and is good for some looks. However, it pulls decidedly orange on me, so I'm hoping eu-taupe-ia is what I need.