The Cream Foundation Thread

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
egerandi

Re: The Cream Foundation Thread

Post by egerandi » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:15 pm

karen wrote:I put mine on over moisturizer...and then just blend with my hands, but if you want lighter coverage the black blending sponge gives a little lighter coverage.
Ok, I gotta grab the sponge in my next order. I may even have to grab n40, as the more I try, the more it looks like it's a better option than g30. Or perhaps mix the two, but I'm so weirded out by the full coverage, like I'm a doll or something. I'm definitely doing something wrong :(
I'll continue experimenting with different finishing powders too; will have to have one of my friends over for that, as the BF is starting to look at me funny when I ask him 'does this match?' :D
namomof3

Post by namomof3 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:56 pm

Id love to try the cream foundation. The only thing I have to use as a guide is that I am a close match to loreal true match in w6. I am Hispanic but not yellow undertones. I am more peach ish.
In search of the perfect mix!!
JenW

Post by JenW » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:53 am

namomof3 wrote:Id love to try the cream foundation. The only thing I have to use as a guide is that I am a close match to loreal true match in w6. I am Hispanic but not yellow undertones. I am more peach ish.
I am unfamiliar with that line of foundation, so I recommend trying the neutral shades. Probably 40, 50, 60ish.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
dishabille

Post by dishabille » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:38 am

Haven't shopped at MAC for ages due to the wondrousness of Silk Naturals, but last I checked, I was NC25-30, use Buttery Gold in my foundation, and the concealer in Medium #3 is a good match to my skin (although it is a shade lighter and slightly pinkier).

Any suggestions on which shade for the HD Cream Foundation is the match? Appreciate it lots, as I am not keen on ordering samples before the full size, being so far away in the world and mindful of international postage! :lol:
kchalbi

Post by kchalbi » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:26 am

dishabille wrote:Haven't shopped at MAC for ages due to the wondrousness of Silk Naturals, but last I checked, I was NC25-30, use Buttery Gold in my foundation, and the concealer in Medium #3 is a good match to my skin (although it is a shade lighter and slightly pinkier).
I'm in that same range and am using G50. HTH!
ludmila

Post by ludmila » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:45 am

I got samples of N40 and N50 and I have to say that I really loved the texture and coverage as well as the portability of the full size stick! I would be more than excited if the colour match was as good, but N40 was a tiny bit lighter (although pretty close) than my complexion, while N50 was too orange/yellow for me (still OK when blended though...) :? I have medium or medium/light neutral Mediterranean skin tone, if you are familiar with the Vapour Organics brand, their Luminous foundation stick in 120 (020) is the closest to me. I wish the "neutral" range had I bit more pink, or maybe add a "cool" range 8-) ?
lcash

Post by lcash » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:16 pm

I concur with the request for a "cool" line. The N40 is the right depth for me, but it seems a little orangey. A touch of pink in it would be perfect.
dishabille

Post by dishabille » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:44 am

kchalbi wrote:
dishabille wrote:Haven't shopped at MAC for ages due to the wondrousness of Silk Naturals, but last I checked, I was NC25-30, use Buttery Gold in my foundation, and the concealer in Medium #3 is a good match to my skin (although it is a shade lighter and slightly pinkier).
I'm in that same range and am using G50. HTH!
Thank you very much indeed!
cclee00

Post by cclee00 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:42 am

I do have to point out the typo on the neutral shades of foundation - on the product page it says "netural tones." Lol it's bugging me!
Caroline

Makeup junkie extraordinaire and geek
JenW

Post by JenW » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:59 pm

cclee00 wrote:I do have to point out the typo on the neutral shades of foundation - on the product page it says "netural tones." Lol it's bugging me!
Fixed it!
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com