What would you like for Christmas??

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
karen
Site Admin

What would you like for Christmas??

Post by karen » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:58 am

It's already close to November, and I've been playing around with a few things for Christmas. What would you like to see on the site??? I was thinking kits, maybe some scented lotion, new balm flavors (there's a thread in the wishlist section, but you can post your requests here too). Packaging is always a bit odd, and I haven't found anything great for palettes yet, but Christmas collections are always fun.

So idea away!!!!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
zooeyblue

Re: What would you like for Christmas??

Post by zooeyblue » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:00 pm

A liquid gloss that is like Gleaming--a sheer gold that can be worn alone or over other colors. Also, a liquid gloss in a silvery sparkle would be nice, too.
~Tracy~
JenK

Post by JenK » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:38 pm

zooeyblue wrote:A liquid gloss that is like Gleaming--a sheer gold that can be worn alone or over other colors. Also, a liquid gloss in a silvery sparkle would be nice, too.
I was just going to post something like this under "Wish List". I would like it to be in the new formula. A clear/shine would be nice too!
superwahz

Post by superwahz » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:50 pm

zooeyblue wrote:A liquid gloss that is like Gleaming--a sheer gold that can be worn alone or over other colors. Also, a liquid gloss in a silvery sparkle would be nice, too.
Thirding this one!

I've posted my lip balm flavors in the Wish List thread, so I won't repost them here... Peppermint hand/foot lotion/balm would be nice! Without oats or wheat germ oil... *big, pleading eyes* Ohhh, or a mulberry scented one!
Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic. ~Rosalind Russell
lambchop

Post by lambchop » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:52 pm

YAY :D ! What a lovely question. I have Bitten, Rare Berry, and numerous others but would love a clear, warm red-orange lippie without shimmer. I've never tried Seedy or Soft as neither looks to be a color that would be happy on my lips. But a warm, orange-red lippie of a similar depth. I just took a picture of homemade-but-not-by-me apple cinnamon jelly for reference. http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/ww12 ... 1287856272 It's worth an ask.

Thanks for reading/looking.

Ann
superwahz

Post by superwahz » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:58 pm

lambchop wrote:YAY :D ! What a lovely question. I have Bitten, Rare Berry, and numerous others but would love a clear, warm red-orange lippie without shimmer. I've never tried Seedy or Soft as neither looks to be a color that would be happy on my lips. But a warm, orange-red lippie of a similar depth. I just took a picture of homemade-but-not-by-me apple cinnamon jelly for reference.
Sort of like Verve, but in a sheer gloss?? I'd like that... There used to be a Kisser Slicker called Peach Melba that was a sheer orange red sort of color, no shimmer. Very pretty color! Similar feel and look of Seedy/Bitten, but warmer colored.
Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic. ~Rosalind Russell
zooeyblue

Post by zooeyblue » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:25 pm

superwahz wrote:
lambchop wrote:YAY :D ! What a lovely question. I have Bitten, Rare Berry, and numerous others but would love a clear, warm red-orange lippie without shimmer. I've never tried Seedy or Soft as neither looks to be a color that would be happy on my lips. But a warm, orange-red lippie of a similar depth. I just took a picture of homemade-but-not-by-me apple cinnamon jelly for reference.
Sort of like Verve, but in a sheer gloss?? I'd like that... There used to be a Kisser Slicker called Peach Melba that was a sheer orange red sort of color, no shimmer. Very pretty color! Similar feel and look of Seedy/Bitten, but warmer colored.
Thirding this idea! :D
~Tracy~
extemter

lippies inspired by Lipstick Queen

Post by extemter » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:20 pm

Yup, it sounds like a re-issue of Peach Melba would be welcome. I'll always say yes to any lippies that deliver a juicy, jelly-like, translucent wash of color. I've been steadily collecting all of SN's sheers, which have eliminated my desires for Lipstick Queen's Chinatown Glossy Pencils (swatches at KarlaSugar) and Lipstick Queen's Butterfly Ball Shimmer Treatment Lipstick (swatches at KarlaSugar). (The turquoise iridescence in LQ's Butterfly Ball is subtle enough that I don't mind it.) I love SN's Bitten for fulfilling my LQ's Medieval lemming. I have yet to figure out the SN equivalent of LQ's Jean Queen (swatches at KarlaSugar). I'm a fan of Lipstick Queen's branding and product lines yet I'd prefer not to buy my lippies at their prices.
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:31 pm

I'd love Peace replicated in the lippy formula please.
18Angel

Post by 18Angel » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:26 pm

I am relatively new here so forgive me if this has been done in the past, but what about a Fire & Ice theme. You could do a cool collection of silver, icy blues/purples, and berries and a warm collection of vanilla, chesnut, and cinnamons. I loved the new Autum Harvest lotion fragrance so you could continue the fire & ice theme with something minty or mulberry and something vanilla or cinnamon.