Rave for ALGs

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Oxana124

Rave for ALGs

Post by Oxana124 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:22 am

I am in love with the ALG formula, it is the most amazing thing my lips have ever experienced! I love how it has just a slight thickness to it, so it stay well on the lips and I get this sort of comforting conditioning feeling. I also love the slight minty tingle. It is not as strong as something like Burt's Bees, and also more like spearmint whereas Burt's Bees is more like peppermint. I really like it, I think that makes the product feel extra comfortable and soothing on my lips. I think these will be especially amazing as colder winter approaches and my lips get dryer. I also really love the plumping. I never went for plumping products before because they all burn and I didn't really feel I needed plumping anyways. But this product is very different from traditional plumpers. You do not feel the plumping at all in the traditional uncomfortable way, it works from inside out. But I definitely notice how my lips start to feel more plump shortly after applying and they just feel moist and squishy. And even after wearing off, my lips still feel very conditioned and moist and plump for some time after. I own several already, and I am surely going to get more. Most amazing lip product ever and my new HG!
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
rymorg2

Re: Rave for ALGs

Post by rymorg2 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:05 am

I'm glad you like them! Alas, they're not for me. They sting my uber sensitive lips but I'm sure I'm in the minority with my lips being as finicky as they are. Which stinks because I love a ton of the colors in the ALG formula and can't wear them. Sigh.....
Cosmetology Educator with gluten sensitivity, eczema and other ingredients sensitivities
Vegan Ivory, 10 scoops to 1 scoop buttery gold[/color]
kinjali22

Post by kinjali22 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:16 pm

Another one who loves the ALG formula!! I don't need plumping either but I love the mintyness in the ALG's!
ega

Post by ega » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:46 pm

rymorg2 wrote:I'm glad you like them! Alas, they're not for me. They sting my uber sensitive lips but I'm sure I'm in the minority with my lips being as finicky as they are. Which stinks because I love a ton of the colors in the ALG formula and can't wear them. Sigh.....
Same here ... :cry:
Foundation Mix: 3 x Buttery Gold : 2 x Yellow Booster : 0.5 x Green Booster : 57 x Original Ivory : 3 x Glow
Lips: Pure, Ambrosia, Reaction, Chemise, Flaunt, Cerise | Eyes: Grassroots Green, Goddess, Motive, Fuse
frckls

Post by frckls » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:16 pm

Ditto!!

My friends squished my Allure last night because she was drunk already, but despite of the drunkness, she was amazed on how good the formula feels on her lips. Haha!
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:37 pm

Sorry rymorg2 and ega that you don't like it :(
I guess it is that way with everything, some people love it some don't.
Just like I hate my curly hair and starighten it, yet I have friends with staright hair that curl theirs, lol.

Kinjali - I love the minty feel too, I find it so soothing.

frckls - Oh no, hope your Allure was salvagable, I really love the color of Allure it is one of my favorites.

I am also really loving Pretty Please, it is the prettiest peachy pink, and is fairly light(which works well for a pale gal like myself). It looks really natural and fresh on me.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
rymorg2

Post by rymorg2 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:42 pm

Oxana124 wrote:Sorry rymorg2 and ega that you don't like it :(
I guess it is that way with everything, some people love it some don't.
Just like I hate my curly hair and starighten it, yet I have friends with staright hair that curl theirs, lol.

Kinjali - I love the minty feel too, I find it so soothing.

frckls - Oh no, hope your Allure was salvagable, I really love the color of Allure it is one of my favorites.

I am also really loving Pretty Please, it is the prettiest peachy pink, and is fairly light(which works well for a pale gal like myself). It looks really natural and fresh on me.

Oh it's ok. You're so right, it's like everything...nothing works for everyone. I WISH I could wear it though.
Cosmetology Educator with gluten sensitivity, eczema and other ingredients sensitivities
Vegan Ivory, 10 scoops to 1 scoop buttery gold[/color]
frckls

Post by frckls » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:16 pm

Oxana124 wrote: frckls - Oh no, hope your Allure was salvagable, I really love the color of Allure it is one of my favorites.
It was salvagable, alright. Not too pretty in form, but still pretty in color. :D
bookishbeauty

Post by bookishbeauty » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:01 pm

I really like the ALG formula, too. I have two now, Dancing Shoes and Fascinate, and I do feel the plumping and the colors are great. Will definitely be buying more when it's time for new lippies!
Hoyden

Post by Hoyden » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:30 pm

The ALG formula is my hands down favorite from Silk Naturals. I love mint lip balm so this is double win for me.

The only thing I don't like is that I can't carry it in my pocket as I am one of those tomboy type women that has painted nails with a lip stick shoved in her jeans pocket. I usually have a pouch on my belt when I'm out working the dog, so I just make a neat little compartment in my pouch for my beloved ALG. I got quite the ribbing from some of the male police officers for that one. lol
With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to be compassionate, and the wisdom to be humble.
Courage is the foundation of integrity. ~ Keshavan Nair