fragrance: annick goutal's petite cherie

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
nonameapplicable

fragrance: annick goutal's petite cherie

Post by nonameapplicable » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:32 pm

has anybody tried this? Can share with me if this is like the actual petite cherie?

I first fell in love with the story bhind petite cherie, but couldnt find where its sold in sg, so i cn get a whiff. When i found it, omg... I m totally sold to this fragrance! Totally touched by it.

annick goutal's site says petite cherie has pear notes in it.. my impression is, there a light pear note and rose, a little bit vanilla and peach.. didnt notice the musk..

On sn site, didnt see abt the pear note within, so i'm not sure if it is same..

Either way i'll buy sn's petite cherie, but just would like to set the expectations right first =p
http://nonameapplicableduckling.vox.com/

being open and adventurous to makeup color is one tiny gesture, but one ginormous step to being more receptive to the beauty life is bringing onto you.

never try, never know x) have fun!
Kahani

Re: fragrance: annick goutal's petite cherie

Post by Kahani » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:09 am

Hey nonameapplicable, a sample is only 75 cents... why not try that out first? =)

I know I'm going to go sample mad!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beauty Blogger @ http://soloverly.blogspot.com
nonameapplicable

Post by nonameapplicable » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:15 am

oh! is there sample?! i totally missed that idea cos i went totally champagne popping mood when i realize that karen has duped petite cherie =D

it's selling $180sgd upwards here!

being open and adventurous to makeup color is one tiny gesture, but one ginormous step to being more receptive to the beauty life is bringing onto you.

Kahani

Post by Kahani » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:39 pm

LOL! I went champagne popping too over Pink Grapefruit - which I'm getting a full size of! I trust Karen. :D

Yep there are samples for all the fragrances. You can bet I went sample-mad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beauty Blogger @ http://soloverly.blogspot.com
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:01 pm

They'll never be quite like an EDT because there's no alcohol...but it's as spot-on as I can get it. When I read your question about pears- I thought- "that's what it is!!!"- there was some mystery fruity smell that I couldn't quite place...for a while I thought it was fig- but pear sounds right. I didn't catch the coconut in White Ginger and Amber- but after someone mentioned it- then I smelled it. Petite Cherie is yummy- we fought over who got to pour it!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
nonameapplicable

Post by nonameapplicable » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:04 am

Kahani wrote:LOL! I went champagne popping too over Pink Grapefruit - which I'm getting a full size of! I trust Karen. :D

Yep there are samples for all the fragrances. You can bet I went sample-mad.
ha! when u reminded me abt the samples, i went to cart ms coco, white linen, vera wang and petite cherie =D

nonameapplicable

Post by nonameapplicable » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:07 am

karen wrote:They'll never be quite like an EDT because there's no alcohol...but it's as spot-on as I can get it. When I read your question about pears- I thought- "that's what it is!!!"- there was some mystery fruity smell that I couldn't quite place...for a while I thought it was fig- but pear sounds right. I didn't catch the coconut in White Ginger and Amber- but after someone mentioned it- then I smelled it. Petite Cherie is yummy- we fought over who got to pour it!
sounds so fun to be formulating scents! curious, you smell the mystery scent (pear) in SN's petite cherie but couldn't nail the scent? how did it got into the mixture?

i is so looking forward to receiving the scents =D

karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:37 am

It's really fun! We blend everything here- but I start with some premade scents like mint, or pink grapefruit, or musk etc, and some of the clone scents come direct from big fragrance houses that supply the whole industry- including perfume, soap etc. Hermes and Guerlain have house perfumers, but the majority of scents are made by a small handful of perfume manufacturers. I'm a decent scent blender- but the big houses use gas chromatographs to get clones that are more accurate than a normal person can get, or sells pretty much the same stuff to everyone. Petite Cherie comes from a house that makes impeccable clones- so I went with them for that one. It's the same with makeup- the big pigment houses sell to everyone- so Chanel, MAC and I have some of the same pigment suppliers too.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
mncwng

Post by mncwng » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:09 am

I first fell in love with the story bhind petite cherie, but couldnt find where its sold in sg, so i cn get a whiff. When i found it, omg... I m totally sold to this fragrance! Totally touched by it.
just curious - what is the story behind petite cherie? this is one of the fragrances coming in my next order, and i'm so excited! :D :D
rubycat95

Post by rubycat95 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:43 pm

I received my f/s PC yesterday and it is in a word......PERFECTION! I've been wearing this fragrance for well over 10 yrs. now, kind of my "signature" scent and I'm happy to say that I won't have to spend $95 a bottle at Nordstrom anymore. Everyone should at least sample this. It's so fresh and yummy! Perfect for all ages-my little girls are quickly becoming fragrance hounds and they love it too :D
Ruby