which pink lip gloss??

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
liljooules

which pink lip gloss??

Post by liljooules » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:41 pm

Hi all!

I love SN foundation and blushes. It's bout time i get the lipgloss but i can't seem to choose a couple that would suit me best. I've been wearing mostly nude colours (so i have no problem choosing them) and i really want to try something pink this time. Tried 'breathless' from the sample and it actually looked pretty alright but i would prefer it lighter and more shimmery. 'Pout' looks so pretty but i'm afraid that it might not go with my warm skincolour. so girls, any suggestion??

here's the link to my pic http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ ... C00583.jpg

i was wearing a very thin layer of tinted lip balm. so, my original lip colour is about a shade lighter.

thanks!!
JenW

Re: which pink lip gloss??

Post by JenW » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:03 pm

Pout is a great one. It is pretty universal and looks good on all skintones. I can't wear all pinks, but Pout works for me. It is definitely lighter and more shimmery than Breathless.

I am sure others will have more suggestions.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
liljooules

Post by liljooules » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:04 am

Thanks for the reply!

I've just added 'pout' to my cart. :D
I'm usually not an impulsive buyer (ok, maybe sometimes) but I've heard so much bout SN's lipgloss to be buying only one. so, i need more suggestions.

Currently, in my cart, i have ;-

pout
gold blush (i'm deciding between this and foreplay - help!!)
rare berry - so pretty!

and i'll probably get another one. any idea??
i'm thinking either berry crush or darling.

i hope karen comes up with swatches of the new colours soon!! *hint hint hint*
JenW

Post by JenW » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:16 am

Pout is more a 'straight pink' with a shimmer. (straight pink means not warm or cool)
Gold Blush is a great basic one. Mikie calles it a 'flush of pink with a kiss of gold'. It is the one I let my DD wear because the flush of pink is very sheer but very pretty. I wear it, too.
Rare Berry is a strawberry pink, so it is a little on the warm side. This one is as pigmented as a lipstick, but still as emollient as the glosses.
Darling is a sheer peachy pink, not as sheer as Gold Blush, but it also has a slight shimmer to it.
Berry Crush is a straight pink with a warm golden sheen. It warms the color up a bit, but not enough that our cooler toned gals couldn't wear it. It is also in the highly pigmented category like lipstick, but emollient like the glosses.

I do really like the lipsticks, too. They are plenty moisturizing, the color lasts pretty well, and the ingredients are definitely in the 'good for you' category. I am just in love with the texture of the glosses.
Hope this helps some!
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
liljooules

Post by liljooules » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:34 pm

that's great help!!
i'm not very much of a lipstick person but since u have mentioned it, i went to check it out and it ended up in my shopping cart!
thanks so much for the description of the lip glosses.
you made the process of choosing the colours so much more easier.

thanks!!! *hug*
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:14 pm

The nice thing about SN lippies is that it's REALLY hard to go wrong. For me, I avoid the very warm shades (like Sherry), but I can wear at least 20 or so, and they all look good. Given how I used to be able to wear maybe 1 lippie in 10 before SN because it somehow came out 'wrong' on me, this is a small miracle. I like being a lippie addict!

It doesn't hurt that Karen seems to have a pink-in-all-varieties lippie fetish like my own :)
liljooules

Post by liljooules » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:14 pm

I started using lippie since 16 or so and i only found THREE lippie colours that look nice on me. I can never pull off a cool pink shade because my skin is too yellow (brown looks horrible on me too!) and i'm so glad Karen has warm pink shades which i'm quite sure that i can pull off at least a couple of them. Another thing that i love bout SN lip glosses is that they are sheer and shimmery because i can't do matte or/and dark. My mouth will look annoyingly small. Lol!
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:51 pm

Too matte and I start looking 'matronly' - ugh. But I know what you mean - I'd search forever, find The Lippie that worked, and it would promptly be discontinued. Then I'd try some others thinking I could get away with them, and they were disastrous - I don't even want to think of how many i've tossed. The SN ones do look different on different people on account of lip pigmentation, but they seem to do it in a flattering way.
nonameapplicable

Post by nonameapplicable » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:30 pm

liljooules wrote:I can never pull off a cool pink shade because my skin is too yellow (brown looks horrible on me too!)
hi, i have the same problem as u =) i think u might like to try foreplay since there's the gold shimmers to help. i'm not so sure about pout though, cos it looks really cool-pink on my screen ^^

hope u like them, look fwd to ur review then i can grab them on my next order! i forgot to order lippie this round =S
http://nonameapplicableduckling.vox.com/

being open and adventurous to makeup color is one tiny gesture, but one ginormous step to being more receptive to the beauty life is bringing onto you.

never try, never know x) have fun!
Ann

Post by Ann » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:24 pm

it seems like no one recommended you damsel. i would say damsel works well on yellow skin.