How about a lippie...

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
Rhys

How about a lippie...

Post by Rhys » Sun May 04, 2008 1:45 pm

to go with Pretty Plum? I tried that today in a fairly monochromatic look - Pretty Plum blush (I vant a full size!), with a simple two-colour e/s of Naughty and Hint. Gorgeous. Layered Mulberry Spice and Pout as a lippie, but not *quite* what I'm looking for. Still, it looks really nice and it was simple to do.

Do we have a plum lippie that I've forgot about? If we don't, I'd really like a gloss to go with this one.
~*mikie*~

Re: How about a lippie...

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Sun May 04, 2008 5:55 pm

Hmmmm. I cannot wear Mulberry at all, so I wear it to bed,lol. When I wear Pretty Plum or Carnal, I use Infatuation...& i've been known to layer over that.
mikie
Live! Love! Laugh! They'll wonder what we're up to!
~*mikie*~

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
(click daily ~ it's free! Click animal rescue there,too!)
we can make THE difference! :-)
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Sun May 04, 2008 7:04 pm

i think you're right and there isn't really much in the purple family for lippies.

Mulberry Spice is deep browny plum
Rhonda is pink lavender

Maybe try skinny dip?
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
JenW

Post by JenW » Sun May 04, 2008 10:28 pm

Rhys-
I think Rapture would be lovely. I really need to do a FOTD with Rapture because the swatch is a little misleading. It is the most lovely shade of mauvey rose. Also, I love Rhonda with Carnal blush. I think it would go well with Pretty Plum, too.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
evah2003

Post by evah2003 » Mon May 05, 2008 8:01 am

If you have "Berry Cush" and "Infatuation" you should try wearing these two layered.
It looks gorgeous and went really well with a lilac/orange e/s combo.
Might be a little bright for a plummy look, but it is such a pretty lippie combo. :-)

Eva
Rhys wrote:to go with Pretty Plum? I tried that today in a fairly monochromatic look - Pretty Plum blush (I vant a full size!), with a simple two-colour e/s of Naughty and Hint. Gorgeous. Layered Mulberry Spice and Pout as a lippie, but not *quite* what I'm looking for. Still, it looks really nice and it was simple to do.

Do we have a plum lippie that I've forgot about? If we don't, I'd really like a gloss to go with this one.
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Mon May 05, 2008 2:01 pm

I have a tube of Rapture around here somewhere Jen. Just still have a lot of unpacking to do, but I will give it a try with the Pretty Plum.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Wed May 07, 2008 12:44 am

Hi,
I keep thinking that we just don't seem to sell purple lippies, but really- it's because we don't have any for sale (duh- sometimes simple logic escapes me).

Jamie asked for one to go with Carnal- so I do think it's time. How about Seedy in the mean time?? It's not quite purple, but it does have a slight blueish tinge. That one doesn't move as fast as Berry Nice- but of the 2 it's my favorite. The other one that may be good is Sweet Nothing- it's a tad on the blue side too- another overlooked one, but very close to Clinique's Black Honey (a little too different to call it a clone, a little too close to justify making one).

I've been working on lippies for the past couple of days- I have to take a breather for a few days- they're all starting to look alike to me- and I keep making the same colors over and over. I have 8 to add to round 2 of MOAC- and probably a few more to come- I have to do something for Jamie (she's my muse- if we can get one that looks good on both of us- it's a winner- Breathless, Birthday Suit, and Hot Blooded are our big 3 and they're our personal go-to colors), and we do need something purple. I'm kind of taking my time with round 2- it's going to be a big one, and I want to be sure we do everything right.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Ann

Post by Ann » Sun May 11, 2008 9:27 pm

8 new lippies! gawd.. *moans* how am i going to choose only 2-3 to buy instead of ALL?!
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Mon May 12, 2008 11:39 pm

I have to admit this round is our single biggest product release in one swoop...it's a lot- something around 30 products, but they're not limited edition. They are the spring colors I've been craving- and I think it's some of my best work yet. I'm really excited about the eye shadows- I put special pigments in them so that if you wear them over our new cream liners they look really really cool. They're great on their own, but over the cream liner they really pop. I know it's kind of evil to release them all at once, but I couldn't resist, and I couldn't stop making them- they're a lot of fun! Postal rates in the US went up this week- but I'm holding our shipping prices where they are for the next week so you can take advantage of all the new stuff without completely breaking the bank.

Tomorrow is picture day- then Wednesday is massive production day (we get to pour about 500 lippies)- and I'll get them on the site ASAP!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Ann

Post by Ann » Wed May 14, 2008 10:39 am

i do hope the round 2 will have light coloured lippy.. =/ most SN lippies does turn out pretty dark on me (not that i'm complaining). but i would like to have light ones to play with too.